Ehudd's Nano Journal

Like you, I have decided not to get another one, I was totally stressed about it from the minute it went in till the day I lost it. Never again :blink:

I think the trick is to learn early on, not to pay too much attention to their strops or tantrums unless it's completely bleached or the mouth is gaping, or unless it's been stropping for more than a day or two. My Malu frequently deflates and looks un-happy. Within a few hours is back to normal though usually. At first I got worried every time, now I don't pay much attention to it being deflated TBH :rolleyes: It also occasionally wanders around the inside of it's cave, never leaves it, just kind of moves a bit left or right or up or down within the gap in the rocks :unsure: Strange animals....

All the best
Rabbut

could 6x24w t5 be enough for acro's?

Ammonia - Nill
Nitrite - Nill
Nitrate - 10ppm (trying to get it down, hopefully my new refugium will help)
Calcium - 450
Kh - 9
S.G - 1.024

All is well.
mandarin.jpg

Before you guys start your rant, I know they "ONLY" eat pods or live brine, but i have got my previous ones on spectrum and frozen, wasnt hard just took alot of time, and im doing the same for this fella. I have used to have a breeding pair, sold them when i got rid of my tank.

Lovely looking Mandy :drool: no rant from me, I have one in my Nano, tank bred, eats frozen and I have my own pods going which I add each week, she is fat and healthy :good:

thanks for the understanding!! He is stunning! cant wait till he is confident enough for a tank shot, hes still hiding abit. He has the most bright red i have ever seen on a mandarin, i had to get him. He is absolutely beautiful! When i set up my 2x2x2 cube in the future, i shall get him a bride :D

by the way, current stock is

1 Jewel Blenny
2 Onyx Clowns
1 Mandarin

Im going to leave it there, I think thats a good limit. Trying to have good water quality in this tank, so less fish the better. Some may say its overstocked already!

male one :drool: i love those red ones...nice find. How much? if you dont mind me asking? where are you based?

Aussie aussie aussie!!!! :p

It cost 60 AU so like... something ridiculous in England!

here he is in the tank, still abit stressed,
mandarin-1.jpg

My LFS had a pair in last week, they were amazing, I really had to tell myself to wait, and for just one. If you can get him on flake and frozen, you will still need some pods for their nutrition though. It is an amazing one.

When you say something ridiculous in England, does that mean not alot or alot of money??

well 60 bucks here is like 170 there or something nuts. Your country is expensive for us aussies

Most reactions

Back