Do you name your fish?

Do you name your fish?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No; I have too many.

• Total voters
I have 3 betta boys, 2 guinea pig boys and 2 human males living at my house.
They all have names.

The bettas are Amos, Harvey and Archie.
The pigs are Stan and Ollie.
The humans I refer to as "yo", and "hey you".

I don't think I'd ever consider having any sort of pet without giving it a name.
If it died without having a name I'd feel horrible.

:/

we name fish we can tell apart or have one of...

None of our phantoms, rummy noses or other tetras have names - All of our plecs do as does our male fighter, Frank :)

I only have a name for one of my fish. It is a platy with a deformed pectoral fin so obviously I call her NEMO. :lol:

Well, here's an idea.
When you have several fish that look the same, name them all the same thing.
So, like - you could have 17 "Larrys" living in the same tank.

:rolleyes:

My clowns were called Krusty and Bob, my six line wrasse is called Kato.

If a fish has personality it usually gets a name, my Figure 8 puffer I just call fatty :lol:

Jon

When I first started keeping fish I thought I would name them all. As my fish collection grew I soon realised that naming fish was only really possible if they were easily to tell apart from each other.

Now I only have a few fish with names and they're mainly the ones that are easily identifiable.

:fun: Arfie and Aqua (who I think is female - sorry aquascaper -_- ) the Bristlenose Plecs
:fun: Primrose the Platty
:fun: Scamper and Squishy the amano shrimp
:fun: Dave the betta
:fun: Annastasia and Elizabeth the Adolphi Corys, who I can't tell apart but they don't take offence to me mixing their names up :X

I have given some of my sons fish names & will of course name mine when I get my tank set up. My favourites are Specks mk2 (the original Specks & her mate Posh now both deceased were b/w speckled mollie & white sailfin mollie) & Fergal (red tailed shark).
ps. My family think I am mad.

:lol: :hyper: :fun:

I only name the big, expensive fish, the fish who have character, and the fish who are by themselves. There is:

• Kihei, the picasso triggerfish

• Bandit, the clown triggerfish

• Spike, the crowntail betta

• Popeye, the veil tail betta

• Moe, the veil tail betta

• Stinky, the common pleco

• Larry and Curly, the two black molly fry

• Moe and Shemp, the two dalmation fry

• Fred, Bob, and Will... R.I.P. :-( , three "feeder" goldfish I had to give to a pet store because I realized my 12g wasn't big enough for them.

specks - when I first read your post I thought you were saying that you've named your sons after fishes you've had.

LOL

Hi. BettaMomma, I can see why you were confused. I didnt put that very clearly did I? But I did say my family think I am mad - come to think of it so do some of my friends.

:lol: :hyper: :fun: :band:

I can relate.
My co-workers think I'm nuts because I talk to Amos like he's another person sitting in my cube with me.

:rolleyes:

I haven't named any of my fish, but other family members have. Spazz, Sonic, & Jaws are the 3 common plecs my son named. My wife named one of the angels Enya, before he paired with a female. I guess it's kind of a boy named Sue thing.

Tolak

Most reactions

Back