Day Trip

SteveB

Reaction score
Ok not exactly my tank (couldn't work out where else to post). I took the kids down to the London Aquarium for the day and thought you guys might like to see some of the pics (of the fish not the kids :D ). Not exactly the best quality, I'm still getting to grips with the new(ish) camera, but I hope you enjoy them.

Attachments

• Dscf0018.jpg
    Dscf0018.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 44
Its DORY!, My little girl (2 and a half) thought this was the best fish of all of them!

Attachments

• Dscf0046.jpg
    Dscf0046.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 50
And lastly...

Wot you looking at?

Attachments

• Dscf0051.jpg
    Dscf0051.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 43
I went there a while back, good place I see you found some of the coldwater fish and not just the massive central tank. What did you think of the tropical section :thumbs: .

The tropical section was a bit dissapointing to be honest (when we eventually found it!) and the touch tank with the rays was looking a bit sad, just one solitary ray.

It would be interesting to hear of peoples opinions on other aquariums around the country.

My sister's boyfriend used to work at the london aquarium and it was great then but there were some changes to the company management etc. and things went sour. He said the place is not nearly as well organised as it used to be...... But now he work in HMV... not so fun :(

Ben

SteveB said:
The tropical section was a bit dissapointing to be honest (when we eventually found it!) and the touch tank with the rays was looking a bit sad, just one solitary ray.

It would be interesting to hear of peoples opinions on other aquariums around the country.
That is bad there were seven or eight rays when I visited a few months back. The Discus and Congo Tetra tanks were quite nice along with the Piranha tank. I also thouht the Brakish water and two large tropical tanks were quite good. When I visited they had three Red Tailed Cats and a Tiger Shovel Nose in with 20 odd Pacu and then the other tank had about 15 Gaint Gouramis and an Arowana.

the aquarium where i live is awsome the amazon tank there has a 3.5 foot red tail a 3 and a half foot black pacu a 3 foot red pacu millions of neon tertas 2 caman like 20 red piranha some monkeys in the trees above. the tank is divided into 4 sections sepereated by huge drift wood the caman and pacu ae in one tank, the red tail cat is in by himself, the piranha are by them self and theres a 3.3 foot tigrinus inside the other with little pacu its a site to see :D

catfish food said:
the aquarium where i live is awsome the amazon tank there has a 3.5 foot red tail a 3 and a half foot black pacu a 3 foot red pacu millions of neon tertas 2 caman like 20 red piranha some monkeys in the trees above. the tank is divided into 4 sections sepereated by huge drift wood the caman and pacu ae in one tank, the red tail cat is in by himself, the piranha are by them self and theres a 3.3 foot tigrinus inside the other with little pacu its a site to see :D
Thats the one in Baltimore right? I posted an article on it the other day. Looks great!

http://apisto.bravepages.com/AMAZONIAN%20J...NGLEarticle.htm

Most reactions

Back