Dawn On The Reef

Hi Big C

What do you keep your water parameters at ?

your tank is amazing :hyper: and how long has it been set up for now?

Thanks scott

Hi Scott,
The tank was set up as per the start of this thread.

My tank main stats as per yesterday are
Ammonia = 0
Nitrite = 0
Nitrate = 5
Temp = 25.7'C
SG = 1.026
pH = 8.2
Mg = 1350ppm
Alk = 8dKH
Calc = 410

Regards
BigC

Hi Scott,
The tank was set up as per the start of this thread.

My tank main stats as per yesterday are
Ammonia = 0
Nitrite = 0
Nitrate = 5
Temp = 25.7'C
SG = 1.026
pH = 8.2
Mg = 1350ppm
Alk = 8dKH
Calc = 410

Regards
BigC

So annoying how perfect your stats are lol :drool:

So annoying how perfect your stats are lol
Takes a lot of work Ben, always tweaking. I do my weekly waterchanges and tweak as I go along. Usually its the Alk that I have to up midweek, it falls to around 7.7 so I try to keep it around 8-9 dKH. Unfortunately this makes me a slave to the test kits. I can tell you catagorically this Nano lark sure takes up a lot of time.
I think its the amount of wonga you've got tied up within those glass panes that makes you more vigilant and concerned about all aspects of its husbandry.
Regards
BigC

Hi BigC,

I was just wondering how you feed your LPS. I got a couple more yesturday and think i should maybe start feeding them all. How do you do it? how often? and what?

Cheers mate

I dont really feed them directly as such, There is always a certain amout of fish waste about I suppose, what I do feed is newly hatched Brineshrimp, Live Phyto Feast,
Cyclopeeze and the usual suspects of frozen foods, they must be getting nourishment from one or all of those factors. Most seem to be doing well though I am in the process of increasing flowrates.
I have just bought me the Tunze Single Controller.

Tunzecontroller.jpg

Which will have a Nanostream 6055 electronic pump attached (not got that yet as its quite expensive)
I should be able to pulse out some waves with that baby.
Regards
BigC

Cool cheers for that, ,maybe i wont feed them.

Im upping my flow when the stupid delivery service manage to find my house :rolleyes:

Just looked at that tunze, looks a nice bit of kit. Kind of wish i had gome for tunze pumps now instead of korallias.

Big C, you don't feed your elegance directly??
If you mean directly target feeding the Cat CF, then NO. It gets what it gets when I feed the tank.
The only coral I target feed directly is the Sun Coral
Regards
BigC

Not yet Scott,
I had some come in from an online store and twice they were DOA. I never even contacted the guy again after the second time and just took the loss. That was a bit of a shame.
I have a Birdsnest (not a frag) lying in waiting for when I get the Tunze in. I got some frags of a friend from a large Mother colony a few months ago, just to see if it would take under my lighting. Whilst not a prounounced pink it is starting to branch, so at least I know I can keep that species without trading up to MH just yet. He has a 3-4 inch clump ready and waiting for when I'm ready. So that will be the next addition.
Regards
BigC

Just asking sorry if that somehow caused offence. I'm just curious it is such a lovely specimen.

Regards

Most reactions

Back