Coronavirus...post your thoughts here...

But no one listens except those that wouldn’t go out anyway. Right?
Pretty much. It's morefor the riots that are still bad than covid

I wouldn't mind taking him in in if he was well trained..

I read in another article DEFRA has set up a fund of £14 million pounds to help zoos but it wasn't clear in the article if that was per month or the grand total. If its the grand total then that will be gone in a month and even per month that will barely cover it as the overheads for the zoos and aquariums are astronomical. If we lose zoos like Chester it will be a terrible blow to conservation efforts around the globe and certain species will go extinct.

NZ is planning on not opening up the borders for quite awhile. Only kiwis are going in or out and theres a mandatory quarantine upon entry. Yes, it did screw the economy, but everyone elses economy is screwed as well and we havent gotten rid of covid so I'd say NZ did a pretty good job. If only the US had acted sooner (we all know they had the chance) and more responsibly

Last edited:
Quick Covid update! We now have news that the coronavirus pandemic will not end until Oct-em-vember 54th

Quick Covid update! We now have news that the coronavirus pandemic will not end until Oct-em-vember 54th

Well I think it depends on the country but where did you read that?

Did you guys see the business secretary went into the house of commons ill. After the scotish woman, the english scientist and then cummings, what was he thinking?

Last edited:
I read in another article DEFRA has set up a fund of £14 million pounds to help zoos but it wasn't clear in the article if that was per month or the grand total. If its the grand total then that will be gone in a month and even per month that will barely cover it as the overheads for the zoos and aquariums are astronomical. If we lose zoos like Chester it will be a terrible blow to conservation efforts around the globe and certain species will go extinct.

Whipsnade just setup a big aquarium, i wonder if thy broke even

Yay, China is telling its residents not to travel to Australia because there have been racists attacks against Asian people here.

I think that is hilarious because they aren't allowed in anyway because our borders are closed to everyone, not just the Chinese. :)

This is more about the Chinese government putting tariffs on goods coming from Australia. The Chinese government are having a hissing fit and arguing with the Australian government over exports from Australia.

Personally I don't care about China and have had enough of the crap they send us. A few years ago they sent Toyota Australia a container load of brake pads for new Toyota cars. The brake pads contained asbestos and China won't take them back even though they supplied them. Asbestos has been a banned/ illegal substance to send anywhere around the world for over 30 years so China broke the law, but we have to take care of the asbestos brake pads.

I also don't care about China not buying our farm produce. They will get hungry and either have to buy it elsewhere or come back and get it from us. Either way they can get stuffed as far as I'm concerned.

These riots are getting out of hand... so many National Guards men are being called out and a lot of cops are getting beaten/suspended. Its nasty...

Yes I saw the old guy being knocked down by cops and bleeding on the street while the cops walked past him.

In Australia, people are peaceful protesting in support of the black guy that got killed in the US. However, a federal court has ruled they are not allowed to protest because they are in breach of the pandemic laws (social distancing, etc). The protestors are challenging the court's decision and have gone out to protest regardless of the court ruling. I am unsure if the cops are going to be ordered to arrest them for breaking the law, or whether they will let the protests happen.

Yes I saw the old guy being knocked down by cops and bleeding on the street while the cops walked past him.

In Australia, people are peaceful protesting in support of the black guy that got killed in the US. However, a federal court has ruled they are not allowed to protest because they are in breach of the pandemic laws (social distancing, etc). The protestors are challenging the court's decision and have gone out to protest regardless of the court ruling. I am unsure if the cops are going to be ordered to arrest them for breaking the law, or whether they will let the protests happen.
I doubt that any government has a large enough police force to enforce the social distancing rules. All police rely on the goodwill of the population.

Well the Australian protests have been and gone. Protesters were yelling "black lives matter". One guy got arrested for saying "white lives matter too", but nobody else did. I'm not sure what the cops are going to charge him with because he wasn't aggressive, violent, threatening, racist, or breaching the pandemic laws, (most of the other people were breaching the pandemic laws). None the less, the cops handcuffed him and took him away.

The part that annoys me about the Australian protesters is a lot of the deaths in custody are people killing themselves. Then their families say the person shouldn't have been in jail to begin with because they weren't doing anything wrong. Yet the person was caught red handed with stolen goods, drugs, weapons, etc. Years ago I filmed some indigenous people riding motorbikes on a public park when they came over and attacked me. One of them got arrested and claimed they were innocent even though there was video footage clearly showing his face and the offence.

Then there are the people that claim to be Aboriginals but they are whiter than me, and I am nocturnal and haven't seen sunlight for years. To be Aboriginal, you have to have some pigment in your skin, not have blonde hair, blue eyes and white skin.

Ok, they want the Police to treat everyone equal and that is fine. They want the Police to be held accountable when the cops overstep their boundaries and that is fine. But if someone commits a crime, that person should be held accountable.

None of this should overshadow the American situation where a subdued black guy was killed by the cops, but the Australian protesters need to stop blaming authorities for things their family and friends do.

You have to understand, that the man approached the cops first...

Mob cops see anyone coming towards them as a threat. That is why they hit him.

None of this should overshadow the American situation where a subdued black guy was killed by the cops, but the Australian protesters need to stop blaming authorities for things their family and friends do.
That black guy tested positive for Covid-19 and also had meth or crack in his system. He also was trying to pay with a counterfeit bill. That's why the cops were called in the first place.

Should the cop that killed him go to prison for murder? Absolutely.

Most reactions

Back