Coronavirus...post your thoughts here...

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I have rarely gone to sports events, movie theaters or restaurants for the last several years. The ticket price for sports events, concerts, and even movies have gone way up over the years. I have a home theater for movies and sporting events and have a front row seat. If I want to watch a recent movie, I can order it via a streaming service via a roku box. And I can pause the movie or sporting event if I want to take a break and watch it later. I cook at home and occasionally order delivered meals.
As long as this virus is still is around, I think most people will be doIng the same.

Restaurants, movie theaters, concerts , and sporting events will be suffering for quite awhile. Colleges will be hugely affected as many students may decide to delay their education. I believe recessions will be worldwide for many months if not years due to this pandemic. Should a vaccine prove successful that will help but that could be a year or more away. Also then the virus could mutate and the vaccine may be less effective. And by then , people may get used to alternative ways to entertain themselves and not go out as much as they did even before the pandemic. Restaurants and movie theaters could suffer and many may go out of business. These are very sad times and many people may suffer economically long term.

Last edited:
I would say 90%+ of colleges are doing online classes.

I also agree with what @Fishmanic said. I can get free movies online and also through my HUGE movie collection.

They can check the temperature of everyone entering a cinema or sporting venue but covid19 is contagious even before you show symptoms, so checking temperatures at the door is not going to do a damn thing.

--------------
The first businesses to open should be manufacturing and food production. Rules should be put in place that people going to work in these areas must comply with social distancing laws and everyone must wear gloves and a mask to prevent them spreading the virus if they have it.

Then other small businesses can open and laws must state that anyone going outside in public, must wear a mask at all times to prevent them spreading the virus if they have it. Enforce a huge fine for anyone not wearing a mask in public.

If the number of cases continues to decrease after this, then send kids back to school but make sure they wear masks whenever they are not in their home. And move their desks apart and have fewer kids in each class.

You guys know what is stupid? The first things they are opening is sports venues, movie theaters, concert halls etc.
The first thing they should be opening is more essential things. Maybe not the super essentials but definitely more essential the the entertainment industry.
Well since everyone is so obsessed by "opening up the ecnonomy" it makes sense that you fix things for the rich first so they can be seen to be raking in a few extra million. Its not exactly going to make headlines if 60 000 steel workers are able to return to work and prevent their families from starving.

Well I wonder f this will all be recycled?

A plane loaded with 68 tonnes of disposable gloves, masks and visors has arrived at Heathrow and is already on its way to the frontline.

See the clip at 0.51 2000 masks in each box.at 68 tonnes how many masks are there? I had a look but now weight description to calculate.

Police were called out to a party today because there was about 20 people celebrating a kids birthday party.

Why people feel the need to give little kids a birthday party with dozens of people is beyond me. Hell, we all got by on a family only birthday for most of our lives so why do little kids (2-8 years old), need dozens of friends and family over?
I mean kids don't remember anything from before they were 5 so what's the point?
And the older kids can go without this year and have a party next year when it's safe to do so.

On a bright note, Western Australia only had 1 new case today and that was out in the country. Perth (the capital city of WA) didn't have any new cases so the government is hopeful we might have been lucky and stopped it.

The government is sending school kids back to school on 29 April.

Police were called out to a party today because there was about 20 people celebrating a kids birthday party.

Why people feel the need to give little kids a birthday party with dozens of people is beyond me. Hell, we all got by on a family only birthday for most of our lives so why do little kids (2-8 years old), need dozens of friends and family over?
I mean kids don't remember anything from before they were 5 so what's the point?
And the older kids can go without this year and have a party next year when it's safe to do so.

On a bright note, Western Australia only had 1 new case today and that was out in the country. Perth (the capital city of WA) didn't have any new cases so the government is hopeful we might have been lucky and stopped it.

The government is sending school kids back to school on 29 April.

Well it was in the news yesterday here was a funeral with 150 people and the police had such short notice they didnt intervene. Would love to know why they think having 'short notice' is a reason for not intervening. That response is hilarious, I mean, you don't get notices of road pile ups, murders, assault or other crime and they mange to get there promptly.

Well it was in the news yesterday here was a funeral with 150 people and the police had such short notice they didnt intervene. Would love to know why they think having 'short notice' is a reason for not intervening. That response is hilarious, I mean, you don't get notices of road pile ups, murders, assault or other crime and they mange to get there promptly.
Excuses, excuses. :rolleyes:

Over 40,000 deaths in the United states as of yesterday, with 18,000 new cases.
80% of the deaths were in the last 3 weeks

40,000 deaths? Younger people aren’t takin this seriously and other people are paying the price.

Ambulances and medic vehicles are driving past with their sirens about 3 times and hour the last week. An EMT friend shared her call schedule with us (no personal info of address or patients etc)
And most of the calls are respiratory related

Ambulances and medic vehicles are driving past with their sirens about 3 times and hour the last week. An EMT friend shared her call schedule with us (no personal info of address or patients etc)
And most of the calls are respiratory related
Typical. :rolleyes:

Most reactions

Back