Coronavirus...post your thoughts here...

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Why does peoples keep making songs and make jokes about Coronavirus its not even funny during this times :(

Schools in the UK shut down, students are being given predicted grades for this years exams that are normally in June/July. I think that's unfair to be honest, some people do cramming and learn things at the last minute to improve grades.

Why does peoples keep making songs and make jokes about Coronavirus its not even funny during this times :(
They are trying to lighten the mood by laughing and joking about it. It's just how some people deal with stress. Other people cry, scream or crawl into a ball and sit in the corner and rock back and forth.

Schools in the UK shut down, students are being given predicted grades for this years exams that are normally in June/July. I think that's unfair to be honest, some people do cramming and learn things at the last minute to improve grades.
I agree

The virus has caused a drop in motorists driving around and this has reduced fuel prices to the lowest they have been in 17 years. Also the air quality is noticeably better now and there has been a lot less dust in the air over the last week.

If this continues the air might lose its dirty brown haze and be safe to breath :)

A big issue will be how to get most students caught up in their studies once restrictions are lifted. I think all students should be provided with a chromebook. They are not very expensive. I believe some schools here do provide them but they should be provided everywhere worldwide.
In Houston they have given computers to those that didn’t have them. Well, loaned them to them. Then they learned that many of them couldn’t afford internet services. So schools are making packets for those students.

In Houston they have given computers to those that didn’t have them. Well, loaned them to them. Then they learned that many of them couldn’t afford internet services. So schools are making packets for those students.

Couldn't afford internet access???? That's disgusting.

Couldn't afford internet access???? That's disgusting.
They live on Government assistance and in Government housing which doesn’t pay for internet. We have a lot of illegals in Texas too that don’t speak English.

Here in Maine there has been schools closed and students will not be attending again this school year anyways. They provide the young students k -12 grades lunches everyday as well as some work km packets but mostly the students got to bring their iPads home. Stores and all that are still open of course and take out. They will only allow so many customers at a time in each store. Walmart was a line million miles long the other day. It seems very insane lol. Corona virus cases testing positive has risen fast considering Maine didn't have any confirmed cases till not very long ago. However a bunch of people from out of state seem to be flocking here then the infected numbers started rising. Alot of Massachusetts and New York & New Jersey plates on the road. They obviously didn't follow protocols smh.
Hopefully this will end soon!!

My cousin in perth Australia (we call her my aussie twin because she's only a few months older than me and we look alike) had to put off her wedding so her and her fiance just eloped and will have a reception after this is all over

Well, tomorrow is Easter and the first one we will not be celebrating with our children. Bittersweet. Rejoicing in my religious belief of the Risen Lord but missing my children and grand babies something awful. I know that I am not alone in this feeling this year. Let me be the first to say Happy Easter and Passover to those who celebrate. May we all be blessed with continuing good health!

Happy easter to you too :) we are stuck at home as well. We usually do a big thing with my cousins and grandparents at my great grandpa's house but not this year. My church is holding an online service

Most reactions

Back