Coronavirus...post your thoughts here...

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

@Colin_T, I though you said that you had legos, you just hadn’t unpacked them yet? That would be a good project for you today. ;)

If you want some REAL legos, check out this bad boy! :75192 UCS Millennium Falcon it’s only $800! :rofl:

£15,000.00

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

£15,000.00
That fact that the dude is selling his collection at that price is crazy. But the fact that people actually buy stuff like this? Is even MORE crazy! :oh:

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
The thing with Lego is I dont buy sets but I mad my own creations.

Anyway I came on here to post this, smokers are urged to quit owing to the virus, I think its very unlikel they have the wil power to quite virtually over night.
Smokers are urged to quit over everything. I'm not saying smoking is good (and I stopped over 5 years ago) but I once had a doctor tell me the arthritis in my foot was because I smoked and nothing to do with having my foot crushed by a lorry when I was a teenager.

Will power aside, stopping is very stressful and if it suddenly became unavailable people will die from the stress - probably not helped by already weakened lungs. Many years ago my wife had a very difficult pregnancy. The gynaecologist and paediatrician both warned her that under no circumstances should she attempt to give up because the stress of giving up would do far more harm than the benefits of not smoking. After a torrid time my daughter was eventually born at 26 weeks. Next week she turns 28 (years).

Smokers are urged to quit over everything. I'm not saying smoking is good (and I stopped over 5 years ago) but I once had a doctor tell me the arthritis in my foot was because I smoked and nothing to do with having my foot crushed by a lorry when I was a teenager.

Will power aside, stopping is very stressful and if it suddenly became unavailable people will die from the stress - probably not helped by already weakened lungs. Many years ago my wife had a very difficult pregnancy. The gynaecologist and paediatrician both warned her that under no circumstances should she attempt to give up because the stress of giving up would do far more harm than the benefits of not smoking. After a torrid time my daughter was eventually born at 26 weeks. Next week she turns 28 (years).

Interesting, I've met some people who gave up over night, they too said its hard, but requires lots of will power. At the Bodyworlds Exhibition there are clear perspex bins people can leave their packets in, they are there to prompt you to give up smoking and they often have a pair of black lungs as a result of smoking near them. I to dont though, what percentage of the people who threw their packets into those bins actually gave up on the spot.

My dad was a heavy smoker, when the big push to have people stop he finally did and it changed his personality from being easy going and understanding to being very demanding and beating both me and my mother. He was a combat medic during the Korean war and had to do things like cut off peoples feet to save them on the battlefield so I think he also had PTSD which came out after he stopped. Smoking relaxed him. My mother was also a medic and she would tell us some of the things he went through.

The armed forces used to encourage smoking because it gave the soldiers something to do while they waited to be shot.

A lot of people smoke to relax, so giving up now probably wouldn't work due to the stress of the virus. If they could give up that would be great, but most people struggle at the best of times, let alone giving up during a pandemic.

The armed forces used to encourage smoking because it gave the soldiers something to do while they waited to be shot.

A lot of people smoke to relax, so giving up now probably wouldn't work due to the stress of the virus. If they could give up that would be great, but most people struggle at the best of times, let alone giving up during a pandemic.
I agree the Army (life) tended to encourage it. When I was in at least 1/2 the guys in my unit smoked and they had cigarettes in the C -rations. A close friend who I stayed in contact with died at 57 from lung cancer. I tried it but after my father I gave it up shortly after.

Well I watched David Icke and TBH on the one hand some of what he says makes sense however there is some nonsense in there too. He believes the new 5G mobile telphone service radiowaves are stopping the body from absorbing oxygen, thus the deaths. He also quotes but gives no name of an american dr saying the lungs of covid 19 patients dont look like flu but more like when a person is in an airplane and it depressurizes. This sounds like nonsense too because I saw in the news and I posted a link on here of what the virus was supposed to be doing as per xrays scan, anyway, he also believes Bill Gates foundation wants to implement a tatoo to people to confirm if they had the virus vacine and this tatoo will also contorl you in terms of your ability to (I think) digest food, This therefore gives power over you by the powers that be who implemented the vaccine.

I agree the Army (life) tended to encourage it. When I was in at least 1/2 the guys in my unit smoked and they had cigarettes in the C -rations. A close friend who I stayed in contact with died at 57 from lung cancer. I tried it but after my father I gave it up shortly after.
It’s so stupid. When my dad was in the army, they encouraged it so they could give you a smoke break. If you didn’t smoke, you had to keep working and you didn’t get a break. Which is really silly, because you are technically damaging government property when you smoke. :rolleyes:

It’s so stupid. When my dad was in the army, they encouraged it so they could give you a smoke break. If you didn’t smoke, you had to keep working and you didn’t get a break. Which is really silly, because you are technically damaging government property when you smoke. :rolleyes:
Yup at times that happened and they would have us pick up the cigarette butts and police the area.

Yup at times that happened and they would have us pick up the cigarette butts and police the area.
Speaking of cigarette butts, when my dad was in basic, his commander told him to help pick up the butts and he said no. Then he talked to him privately and told him because of the fact that he didn’t smoke he wouldn’t pick them up. It was actually a funny story. :rofl:

Well when it first started i wasn't to good but picked up so it must have been a slight cold or something..i hardly shift out the home anyway but hubby goes out when needs be and full gloves on and face mask but my hubbies sister and hubby have got it :( and step son's girlfriends mom had to go into full quarantine as she treated a patient with it.

Well when it first started i wasn't to good but picked up so it must have been a slight cold or something..i hardly shift out the home anyway but hubby goes out when needs be and full gloves on and face mask but my hubbies sister and hubby have got it :( and step son's girlfriends mom had to go into full quarantine as she treated a patient with it.
I hope they all will be alright.

Most reactions

Back