Coral Of The Week - Euphyllias

Stunning coral there T the polyps look similar in colour and shape to my Orange but it looks more dense than mine so like you said it might be a variant.

I will try and get a good photo of mine tonight it sulked for the first 3 days or so but after 5 days (with amino aids) has opened nicely with a stunning green oral Disc.

Stunning coral there T the polyps look similar in colour and shape to my Orange but it looks more dense than mine so like you said it might be a variant.

I will try and get a good photo of mine tonight it sulked for the first 3 days or so but after 5 days (with amino aids) has opened nicely with a stunning green oral Disc.

My australian orange also has that ultra green mouth and disc, have also noticed the polyps are thicker and shorter and it certainly did not like being within four inches of my other torch :crazy: Morri, does yours look orange?

Seffie x

It is kinda orange/gold light brown ish but my lights are not the best ( Yet ;) )

But the green Oral disk is stunning I have had a juggle around with my LPS`s to keep things at what I things is a safe distance.

I do have some time tonight and will try and get a good photo up.

But I am very pleased with it one of my favorite corals next to my fungia (Only payed £25 for 2 big heads :) )

The best description of colour I can do is a pinky orange brown with creamy white tips that go blue under actinics. :blush:

I am still chuffed to bits, not told Matt at fishworld yet that Ive ID'd it, was chatting last night too.

Tha't teh same sort of colour the orange torch is but with a ultra green mouth. The polyps are not so densly packed though

Seffie x

So what would you say it looks more like, a frogspawn or a torch?

To be honest the tentacle tips are larger than the torch and about the same size as on a frogspawn. There are no branches though so in that respect its more like a torch.

Euphyllia cristata, is now one of my favourites.

Euphyllia cristata, is now one of my favourites.

hope it's going to be one of mine soon :good: leaving in about 30 mins to bring the baby home woo hoo. It was a fluke I found it, was googling images after you posted and came across the thread on UR, don't know why I hadn't spotted it before (or you :p Tina)

Seffie x

ps there are two pieces at Amwell, oh just thought, wonder if Trod wants me to get the other piece for her!

I have not been on UR for about a week now seffie, only looked at classifieds anyway and was writing alot last week.

Which reminds me, I have an extensive Filtration sticky to write :crazy: which I intended to start today, I will plan my structure first I think, then it will be easier to write.

I seem to write better in the wee early hours of the morning though. Too much live chat on RF in wee hrs at mo though :blush:

I am starting to sound like Bud and Ste :lol: weeeeee

EDIT-I looked cristata up in THE BOOK, not ont tinternet

I have asked this already in my journal, but might be worth putting it here.

Would any Euphyllias be suitable for my Orca 450? My main worry would be that due to the small size of the tank, any stinging tentacles could reach other corals quite easily.

You would need to make sure there was a space of around 4" around it to allow for sweepers. If you could fit one on the far side, it would look lovely and add some beautiful movement. Seffie had 2 in her 550 at least, may be 3.

You would need to make sure there was a space of around 4" around it to allow for sweepers. If you could fit one on the far side, it would look lovely and add some beautiful movement. Seffie had 2 in her 550 at least, may be 3.

I have 3 in my 550 2 diffrent torches and a frogspawns they are all stunning add a nice motion to the tank If placed carefully I guess you could get 2 in a 450 :)

Thanks for the advice! :D

I would love to get one for sure. Just thinking of where I could place it, there are a few places but they all either have medium to high flow. Would this be an issue for most Euphyllias?

Most reactions

Back