Complete Noobie Exploring Unknown Territories

The plans sound OK, just be careful with Damsels. They are territorial, and will likely pick on new fish, particularly if tey are from the same family (other damsels and Clownfish...)

All the best
Rabbut

in fact if its anything like my damsel it will pick on EVERY new fish until it refinds itself in the pecking order.

you wouldnt think so for such a small fish... i think there boots are too big for there own good..

ok well tomorow i shall be doing a 50 litre water change even though parametres sound good.. i will be adding my first bit of livestock..

i am thinking maybe a pair of clowns as i hear they are quite hardy and some snails as i have a bit of algae showing.. might just add 5 turbos..

will see how i feel. also have found 10kg of live rock going for £60. might see if i can get it cheaper.. fully cured in an established tank..

fingers crossed..

you wouldnt think so for such a small fish... i think there boots are too big for there own good..

ok well tomorow i shall be doing a 50 litre water change even though parametres sound good.. i will be adding my first bit of livestock..

i am thinking maybe a pair of clowns as i hear they are quite hardy and some snails as i have a bit of algae showing.. might just add 5 turbos..

will see how i feel. also have found 10kg of live rock going for £60. might see if i can get it cheaper.. fully cured in an established tank..

fingers crossed..

yep sounds good to me - a pair of clowns - which ones you thinking of getting and remember to get two small juvies :good:

Seffie x

:fish:

hey seffie

well i went to the LFS and picked up 2 peculiar clowns..

one is slightly larger and more richer in colour then the smaller one. apparently the larger one is supposed to be female.

i was also bored so went to the new coventry aquatics which has recently opened and got a bargain!!!!!

i got 5 hermits for £5 and i got 6 snails free as there store is newly opened. i also got 2 emerald mitrax crabs from a different store.. i shall take a picture and upload a little later on.

also set up my blue LEDs and my timers so now the lights come on for a set period and turn off with the blue LEDS.. looks soo cool

watch this space..

all the fish are feeding very well so thats a good sign i take it. .

as promised i have got a few pics of my new inhabitants..

including is the pair of clown fishes
cleaner shrimp
a few hermits and snails and my emerald mithrax crab

also if someone could please kindly identify the coral or anemone thing that is growing on one of my rocks. im sure this wasnt present when i put the rocks in and has grown quite alot since i last saw.. now sure what this is so please help to identfy

thanks

Attachments

• 09072009035.jpg
    09072009035.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 100
  • 09072009053.jpg
    09072009053.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 88
  • 09072009046.jpg
    09072009046.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 80
  • 09072009049.jpg
    09072009049.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 82
  • 09072009054.jpg
    09072009054.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 82
  • 09072009052.jpg
    09072009052.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 88
  • 09072009057.jpg
    09072009057.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 81
  • 09072009059.jpg
    09072009059.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 95
  • 09072009060.jpg
    09072009060.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 93
anyone have an idea what the thing in the first pic is.

thanks

Looks like a mojano - google it and see what you think

Seffie x

hmmm i had a look and they do look similar but dont think it is a mojano... dont get me wrong i like the look of it but not sure if it is safe..

Does it have a ring of blue dots are tentacles when open?? If yes may be a beadlet anemone..native ,found in all our rockpools..
If rock bought off someone they may have added at some stage as have been for sale online a lot recently..

If it pulls itself into the rocks if touched , may be an aiptasia,as these come in many colours...if it doesn't i would leave for a while and feed with frozen mysis to see what it may grow into..

Can you get any more pics of the strange critter that you want ID'd? Try for a full on shot and see if you get it in light and not in the shade. May require an extra pair of hands to hold a flashlight or something.

Looks great so far :D

Can I also make a suggestion that you move the heater - it is a bit unsightly stuck in the middle of the lovely view :good:

Seffie x

haha.. i was waiting for someone to point that out.. how about in a vertical way on the right hand side.. thats where it was with the tropicals n was covered by plants but have just been lazy..

will do that.. thanks seffie.. x

Most reactions

Back