Cold Cathode Moon Light

Here's a couple of pics of them on. Not a very good pic (digi-cam is poo!) ;)

Image022.jpg

Image026.jpg

looks quite gd i think it would look better if ya digicam was clear lol my pics gonna be the same once i set mine up becos its like 2megapix lol

Have decided already that 10v is too high !!!

Most of the fish in my tank seem to still think it's day time, and aren't 'sleeping' !!! :blink:

At least I can watch my BN plecs cleaning the glass !!! :thumbs: :thumbs:

Will have a hunt around for something a bit lower.... have found a 3v supply, too little me thinks ;)

If not, it'll be a trip to Maplins on the way home one night this week ;)

I used an old transformer from (I think) an answering machine - 6v. That seems about right to me. Just a nice, soft blue "glow" - our pleco comes out, but the shy clown loach still hides. Even got the seal of approval from the wife: "That looks cool!"

Now, if I could just get the water to clear. I'm (im)patiently waiting out a bacterial bloom...

andyj said:
Have decided already that 10v is too high !!!

Most of the fish in my tank seem to still think it's day time, and aren't 'sleeping' !!! :blink:

At least I can watch my BN plecs cleaning the glass !!! :thumbs: :thumbs:

Will have a hunt around for something a bit lower.... have found a 3v supply, too little me thinks ;)

If not, it'll be a trip to Maplins on the way home one night this week ;)
if you bring the adapter with you tomorrow - I'll sort it out for you ;)

if you go to canadian tire they sell a five led light string works great on my reef 14.99 canadian wiring included

I run mine for about 2 hours after lights out and about 2 hours before lights on.

with a slight overlap at either end.

Most reactions

Back