Cold Cathode Moon Light

heat shrink cannot be beaten for covering electical connections very neat and water proof and unlike insulation tape it doesn't start peeling when it gets warm!!!!! not the type of thing most people would have round the house but it worth getting some.

OohFeeshy said:
Thought I'd add...
Just seen these on Ebay (UK), seem very easy and cheap.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...4380517774&rd=1
Apparently just plug in and go... Great for people like me who think a transformer is a car that likes to turn into a robot in its spare time...
i have ordered a set of that ebayer a few days back, seem pretty easy to set up and look good in the photo, also heard that ebayers name a fair bit on this site with some good reports about his lights

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Hey - just spotted this topic is pinned :) - My first pinned post :) :kana:

sorry - got quite excited then :)

debiasir said:
OohFeeshy said:
Thought I'd add...
Just seen these on Ebay (UK), seem very easy and cheap.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...4380517774&rd=1
Apparently just plug in and go... Great for people like me who think a transformer is a car that likes to turn into a robot in its spare time...
i have ordered a set of that ebayer a few days back, seem pretty easy to set up and look good in the photo, also heard that ebayers name a fair bit on this site with some good reports about his lights
just to let any one know i have had these lights from garlicbred on ebay, took 3 days to come and thats overseas. took me all of 1 minute to set up and can even be dimmed by moving the sliding resitor thingy. If you cant be bothered to make your own these are brilliant, will be buying some for the other tank now :thumbs:

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
hmmm...

If I was to put together a cold cathode kit - would anyone be interested?
UK only as shipment to the US would cost way to much.

sorry mate wasnt saying your way was rubbish i am just too lazy to make them myself.

that guy has sold hundreds of sets so he must make a small profit

debiasir said:
sorry mate wasnt saying your way was rubbish i am just too lazy to make them myself.

that guy has sold hundreds of sets so he must make a small profit
sorry the hmmm... was me thinking - not getting anoyed :)

not sure - including a power supply with dimmer and bits to fit it...

I'll just have a quick price up..

I could do them Inc postage for £25 a set.

That would get you 2x Cold cathode tubes (12" or 4" for smaller tanks), mains adapter with vairiable brightness and some sticky clips and cable ties to fit to any hood.

Mail me if people are interested :)
[email protected]

Hi,

Just got mine from the same guy off eBay, I've had the LED's, I asked if he could make the cable a touch longer and he did at no additional cost.

Also got the variable voltage slider on the adapter, so for about £11 or £12 all in I'm happy enough with that, granted I could probably have done it myslef for a fiver, but I cant be bothered to be honest.

Arfie

Arfie said:
Hi,

Just got mine from the same guy off eBay, I've had the LED's, I asked if he could make the cable a touch longer and he did at no additional cost.

Also got the variable voltage slider on the adapter, so for about £11 or £12 all in I'm happy enough with that, granted I could probably have done it myslef for a fiver, but I cant be bothered to be honest.

Arfie
Are they from the seller in chesterfield?? If so I was looking at them, Seemed quite cheap

I just put a rotary switch on mine
now i can dim my CCFL anyway i want to.

Most reactions

Back