Cold Cathode Moon Light

smithrc said:
You could re-kindle my love for electronics here - I havent get my teeth into anything for ages. Have you heard of the PSoC devices from Cypress Semiconductor?
[snapback]883603[/snapback]​

Errr.. no sorry. Most of my (limited) experience has just been with Microchip devices

Malcolm

Just finish my frist tank mod and it looks great real moon effect and cos me 12 squiddys!! thanks for the idea.

PS I used a 12" ripspeed cath from halfords

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, TANK YOU :D

I installed a 30cm pair of these cold cathode lights a few days ago and I now only spend time watching my fish when it's on. My Cory's and Oto's are much more confident, comfortable and happy when the cold cathode lighting is on. My Harlequin's school tightly and are either resting or sleeping (I don't know how to tell if a fish is sleeping. A prolonged period of non-movement?).

When the main florescent light is on the Cory's and Oto's usually hide but my Harlequin's are more active.

The cold cathode lighting gives a fantastic balance to my aquarium.

I'm currently using them at 6V DC.

Andy

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, TANK YOU :D

I installed a 30cm pair of these cold cathode lights a few days ago and I now only spend time watching my fish when it's on. My Cory's and Oto's are much more confident, comfortable and happy when the cold cathode lighting is on. My Harlequin's school tightly and are either resting or sleeping (I don't know how to tell if a fish is sleeping. A prolonged period of non-movement?).

When the main florescent light is on the Cory's and Oto's usually hide but my Harlequin's are more active.

The cold cathode lighting gives a fantastic balance to my aquarium.

I'm currently using them at 6V DC.

Andy

no problem ;)

How do I fit these to the underside of my tank?? Will they not be affected by the condensation??

What equipment is best to use??

TIA

How do I fit these to the underside of my tank?? Will they not be affected by the condensation??

What equipment is best to use??

TIA

The actual tube is fited inside a clear perspex tube, which fits in two small perspex cubes approx 1cm x 1cm x 1cm at either end. You can simply glue these blocks to the underside of your lighting hood using CA, epoxy or double sided tape. If you are really concerned about condensation then use a smear of silicone around the parts to be on the safe side

Malcolm

Anybody know a supplier where you can get a single 4" tube in white? I can find a single in blue, green or red and I can find dual 4" in white or all the other colours, but not a single one in white :/

Cheers
Arfie

Anybody know a supplier where you can get a single 4" tube in white? I can find a single in blue, green or red and I can find dual 4" in white or all the other colours, but not a single one in white :/

Cheers
Arfie

I'll take that as a no then shall I? :lol:

Well I have, but they are at £5.00 + postage EACH :crazy: HERE

If anyone knows anywhere else that's cheaper, let me know please.

Arfie

Cheers
Arfie

I'll take that as a no then shall I? :lol:

Well I have, but they are at £5.00 + postage EACH :crazy: HERE

If anyone knows anywhere else that's cheaper, let me know please.

Arfie

odd suggestion.. but... have you tried your local chav car shop? :crazy:

quite likely to have these as every chav has to have some somewhere
(I've got 3 blue 12" in my boot - they are a must :D )

odd suggestion.. but... have you tried your local chav car shop? :crazy:

quite likely to have these as every chav has to have some somewhere
(I've got 3 blue 12" in my boot - they are a must :D )

I wouldn't know of such a place :blink: I'll try and find a spotty Burberry clad saxo driver and ask ;)

Cheers

Arfie

Either that, or buy a twin 4" pack and lob one in the bin !!! ;)

Have just had a look on Ebuyer, and they've got 4" kits for less than £3 !!!! ;) But none in white though !!

Andy

Hi,
I might try this. I'll use 2 12" UV tubes for my 60ltr Brackish tank, and 2 12" Red tubes for my rocky 100ltr comunity tank.

Thanks,
Chris

Most reactions

Back