Can I Get The Otto Catfish This Coming Weekend?

You can give them some veg if there isn't enough algae. One of mine is currently eating a slice of cucumber. They also like courgette, not sure what else. I have 3 in a 125 litre tank along with tetras and corys and they all get along great.

as i said over in the pleco section, i don't think adding them would be a good idea, they ideally need larger tanks therefore having stable water conditions IMO a 35l just is not big enough.

instead i would find out why you have algae, common cause is too many nutrients usually caused by over feeding

I don't think they need a massive tank. I have a really good aquatic manual book and in that it says 45cm tank would be all right as so for guppy's that I have and are very healthy. You may be right but I really want 3 or 2 of them. Also the staff at my LFS say a biube is fine. I have a very bright light. That could be the cause. Would live plants sort the problem out?

Otos only tend to do well in mature tanks 6+ months,which has has a steady amount of algae then otos can graze on.

My otos are very active in my 4 footer and love swimming around,i think personally that a 35l is too small,just my opinion...

I really don't know. I'll guess I will have to give it some more thought. :/

I am going to go back with the otos because other people have had them in the biube and they have been fine. I respect the other members opinion though. Thanks for the helpful info.

Which shop are you hoping to buy them from, just thought i might look around the sort of shops you go to aswell and see if they are better than mine

I go to a place called beta aquatics round the Colchester area. Very good shop.

Most reactions

Back