Big Fish Feeding Video

Those measurements are from the tip of the nose to the base of the caudal fin. A foot is still a respectable size for a lima, average is about 10 inches though i have seen a couple of 18" plus monsters.

How big is your house? I mean that tank looks like it take up at least a basement and two master bedrooms? How much did it cost? How did you get it in the door? Or was it asembled in your house? Also how do you preform a vacum cleaning. do you put some scuba gear on and swim down to the bottom and scoop the poo up with a net into a bag?

It's not as big as you'd probably imagine, its gotta be no more than 7ft wide and about 2-3ft deep? (im guessing 30"?)

Ben

:lol: its only 6 foot long by 2 and a half feet wide by 2 feet tall. It took 4 men to lift into the house and passes through a standard sized door on its side with a couple of inches each side. I vacume in the normal way but use a longer tube than normal so i can keep my hands out of the water.

CFC, I keep missing you in the chat room, and read your conversation each morning to see what went on :)

Anyway, I've loved the peacock bass since I saw them at an aquarium here in Dallas. How big will they get? The full growns I saw were monstrous, so is a 200g tank large enough? I'm not questioning you having them in that tank, not by a long shot. I'm just very curious about how big they'll get when kept in a normal home aquarium. The ones I saw were in a giant tank with manatees :)

There are various species of peacock bass which have adult sizes between 18 inches and 3 feet, these are Cichla monoculus and have a wild size of around 2 feet and slightly smaller in a aquarium. I bought these two at their current size from a shop where they were being kept with and slowly taken apart by a very large aggressive catfish (Wallago attu), the smaller one which can be seen coming in from the bottom right in the video is completely blind from having its eyes eaten out and the larger one which is seen from the start only has one functioning eye so these impairments may affect their eventual size. Even so this tank is only a temporary situation until i move house in the early part of next year when they will be moved to a 400 gallon tank and then eventually to a tank of around 1800 gallons once i have the funds to have it built.

HOLY CRAP!!!! Those are some huge tanks. Where do you work at to be raking in so much money? Also you must live in a mansion to be able to get all these huge tanks!!

wtf????? holy crap? those are huge fish!! You must have to feed them like 50lbs of food!

I know this dude must be raking in some serious cash to buy all that food and be able to afford all these tanks. CFC you aren't a drug dealer or a pimp are you??? :hey: :shifty:

:no: what a very silly thing to say

I have a regular job and earn regular money like anyone else, i just spend my spare cash on tanks and fish rather than expensive clothes, gadgets or cars.

How big is your house? I mean that tank looks like it take up at least a basement and two master bedrooms? How much did it cost? How did you get it in the door? Or was it asembled in your house? Also how do you preform a vacum cleaning. do you put some scuba gear on and swim down to the bottom and scoop the poo up with a net into a bag?
:lol: :rofl:
That made me laugh...

Great video CFC, really enjoyed it,
And it kind of does make your tank look bigger then it is :p
I know quite a few personally people with 6x2x2's and with much bigger. And the video certainly makes the tank look MUCH taller then it is.

I bet they're all shocked because they're used to their 1g betta bowls :p

Once again, Great video and good luck on getting the bigger tanks set up :thumbs:

DD

I have a regular job and earn regular money like anyone else, i just spend my spare cash on tanks and fish rather than expensive clothes, gadgets or cars.

thats all you have to live by.
Rent, Food, fish, and occasionally clothes.

I was just joking around CFC I thought you were a man to be able to take a joke and dish out a joke? :hey:

Like your sig durbkat.

Most reactions

Back