Big Belly For Zebra Danio?

lavapeanut

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
With this post Big belly in beginner forum, I include the pictures in here:

these 3 fish are the same fish with that big belly. I didn't post in here since I didn't think it is an emergencies, but now I'm here since I know I can't upload pictures in beginner forum. Please forgive me if I break any rules...

umm.JPG
well_big_belly_eh.JPG
well_is_that_big.JPG

Lovely fish, are you sure they are not just being over fed, if they are pooing fine, and they can maintain there balance and scales are not sticking out, i would say they are fine, just cut back on feeding, and shelled peas and daphnia will do them the world of good, can you enlarge that last pic if possible.

:hey: well never know that can be known as lovely, esp with that belly... I am so sure I didn't overfeed. She was like that when arrived here... I was sad the shop keeper choose me a fish like that (like going to burst), well with she inside my fish tank. I am sure 'under-fed' is more likely. Don't want to make her burst.

Sadly still, she ate a lot of fish food(all the time) like she will lose out if she doesn't act fast.

my_family_of_8_danio.JPG
Second to the left is the big belly danio. (yeah like I need to tell who is she with that belly :lol: )

Yup, scales never sticked out, she swims normally too. Isn't that live foods can give more troubles with fish (esp with a big belly like that)? I do feed pea(remove shells before feeding) once in a while. Thanks here, without this forum, I would never feed my fish with peas hehe... Thanks TFF

the last picture in previous post is largest in original photo, I can only enlarge that :( sorry I know it doesn't help at all....doesnt_do_any_good_right_sorry.JPG

That bottom one again dosn't look right to me is the tail beginning to bend, as i've had that and it was swimbladder.

oh no... well I know her tail fin is kind of close when swimming, I must say she got a small tail though, not those big open long fin tail like other female danio in the fish tank... :( what should I do... well if swimbladder :-( sigh ............... well the one you mentioned seems like she is moving her tail I guess? when she swim she looks normal

I know what to do with swimbladder after researches since white spots break out (due to keep checking disease posts)

another photofind_another_one.JPG

With them being bloated i would try a bacterial med if you have just bought them.

Most reactions

Back