Betta looking so much better :)

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Since I came back to check on him he has moved around a lot. He's in a new position every time I go to see him. Once because I sneezed loudly XD. Is this a sign that he's a fighter and is looking up health-wise, or is it possibly something bad? I haven't changed his water yet because if he's skittish I don't want to freak him out, especially not with 75%. I can add a little bit of salt for sure though, maybe less than usual if I don't change his water?

Since I came back to check on him he has moved around a lot. He's in a new position every time I go to see him. Once because I sneezed loudly XD. Is this a sign that he's a fighter and is looking up health-wise, or is it possibly something bad? I haven't changed his water yet because if he's skittish I don't want to freak him out, especially not with 75%. I can add a little bit of salt for sure though, maybe less than usual if I don't change his water?
Is he actually swimming? If so, this is a great sign!

Is he actually swimming? If so, this is a great sign!
I think he will need a little time before he can swim right, even if he does have a miraculous recovery. I haven't seen him actually moving yet but I assume he's probably shuffling around. I'm seated in front of him now though to watch, though it is pretty dark in his tank.

I think he will need a little time before he can swim right, even if he does have a miraculous recovery. I haven't seen him actually moving yet but I assume he's probably shuffling around. I'm seated in front of him now though to watch, though it is pretty dark in his tank.
It is a good sign he moves when you walk in. Has he eaten anything?

He hasn't eaten anything yet. He moved himself to a strange position behind his log so I have to wait for him to come out before I would be able to try it.

He hasn't eaten anything yet. He moved himself to a strange position behind his log so I have to wait for him to come out before I would be able to try it.
Have you tried the garlic?

You can do it hank!

It's definitely a possibility that this could be his last day, or somewhere close to it, but I'm still willing to do everything I can for him until we know for certain. Go Hank, you're doing wonderfully little buddy!

No need to add salt if you didn’t take any out. Just let him rest. Give a dose of Prime and let him chill. Please try a blood worm though. He needs to eat.

Okay guys I have amazing fantastic awesome wonderful exciting news. He hasn't moved from his position so I decided I would just have to feed him like that. Put a little garlic juice in his bloodworms bowl before thawing out some worms for him and mixing them up. His position made it kind of awkward to tickle his snout without poking him because I had to view from overhead, but I offered him four worms and he ate at least one (saw him "chewing" by his mouth opening and closing a few times.) He was definitely hungry as once he caught a whiff of that garlic he scooted forward a little. He also lunged once but I think he only got my tweezers XD. Because I was looking from above I had a hard time seeing them go into his mouth, but of the three that weren't on my tweezers any more I found none in the gravel. I offered him a fourth and he turned away, then I offered him a garlic soaked pellet and he turned that up too. I'm really hopeful for him as this is the first time in 9 days he has eaten. Even if it means he's only eating bloodworms, it's something. I am very very very very very thankful for the advice! Even if he goes, he'll go with food in his belly.

Also, as another awesome thing, he stayed completely upright for the entire feeding. He was leaning on his log for part of it, but he did not even lean slightly for any of it. Right now he is resting on the gravel just a little behind his log, supported only by rocks. I am so proud of this brave little fish and his willpower <3

Okay guys I have amazing fantastic awesome wonderful exciting news. He hasn't moved from his position so I decided I would just have to feed him like that. Put a little garlic juice in his bloodworms bowl before thawing out some worms for him and mixing them up. His position made it kind of awkward to tickle his snout without poking him because I had to view from overhead, but I offered him four worms and he ate at least one (saw him "chewing" by his mouth opening and closing a few times.) He was definitely hungry as once he caught a whiff of that garlic he scooted forward a little. He also lunged once but I think he only got my tweezers XD. Because I was looking from above I had a hard time seeing them go into his mouth, but of the three that weren't on my tweezers any more I found none in the gravel. I offered him a fourth and he turned away, then I offered him a garlic soaked pellet and he turned that up too. I'm really hopeful for him as this is the first time in 9 days he has eaten. Even if it means he's only eating bloodworms, it's something. I am very very very very very thankful for the advice! Even if he goes, he'll go with food in his belly.

Also, as another awesome thing, he stayed completely upright for the entire feeding. He was leaning on his log for part of it, but he did not even lean slightly for any of it. Right now he is resting on the gravel just a little behind his log, supported only by rocks. I am so proud of this brave little fish and his willpower <3
Yay! Go hank! I'm so glad he finally ate :) I have been hoping he makes it so much and he's not even my fish lol. He is a special little guy. If he makes it he will be even more special to everyone, especially you :)

Most reactions

Back