Betta looking so much better :)

Was it a new scrubbing brush or had that been used for something previously?
Old brushes might have chemical residue from something they encountered previously.

If there's a possibility of contamination, wash the bucket again using water only.

Was it a new scrubbing brush or had that been used for something previously?
Old brushes might have chemical residue from something they encountered previously.

If there's a possibility of contamination, wash the bucket again using water only.
We don't have any brushes or sponges that have been unused, so everything has been scrubbed down by hand with a combo of fingers and wet paper towels

She says it is unused, but it will be scrubbed thoroughly with warm water before it goes anywhere near my tank. No chemicals or soap to be extra safe
Good. Just making sure! ;)

Quin, he’s looking good. I think the fin issue noted earlier in the thread is just lack of colouring from the illness. Keep the live food going it’ll strengthen him up. I would switch to a sponge filter eventually if you keep having this issue with the filter and the stocking doesn’t work. I’d hope with his improving strength he stops doing this, but you need the filter running to remove any waste so having it off isn’t a long term option. Good luck though and take one day at a time.

Quin, he’s looking good. I think the fin issue noted earlier in the thread is just lack of colouring from the illness. Keep the live food going it’ll strengthen him up. I would switch to a sponge filter eventually if you keep having this issue with the filter and the stocking doesn’t work. I’d hope with his improving strength he stops doing this, but you need the filter running to remove any waste so having it off isn’t a long term option. Good luck though and take one day at a time.
I appreciate the input on the filter and I'll definitely look into it if the pantyhose option doesn't work. It should be coming on soon when I can go keep an eye on him. He's definitely looking so much better, and each feeding time he gets a little stronger

I’m so glad the treatment is working! I feed my bettas 3-4 pellets twice a day. I would do as Colin_T says and feed him several times a day. He needs strength right now.

I can perform whatever long term things that will help him once I know he is safe. I am looking to find what will help him now, as I am inexperienced and I don't know how serious this is or how to help him out of this

My beta was no swimming much and hiding. I was over feeding him and he was constipated. I moved him to a 2 gallon sick tank and only left his laying leaf and a log to go in at the bottom. I read you have to clean up his droppings.

My beta was no swimming much and hiding. I was over feeding him and he was constipated. I moved him to a 2 gallon sick tank and only left his laying leaf and a log to go in at the bottom. I read you have to clean up his droppings.
I sure hope your betta is doing better!

After a few days, I did lose the beta. He was two years old and I think it was also something else. His color was still good. And he was eating just laid on his side.

Unfortunately I missed this whole thread, but I'm glad Hank is doing so much better! I'm sure he knows how much you did for him and he'll be your best friend for many years to come!

Most reactions

Back