Ben's 400l Wet Thing

no, no new tank. Im not sure what is happening yet.

Something kicked off last night, came down to a few fish with little makrs and injuries. A couple of suspects.
1 cardinal dead, blenny hurt :( one tang messed up. So ive got everything out. Fed up with this tank

Oh hell Ben, that sounds awful.

Really hope you have the heart to carry on with a different tank.

This tank has been problems from day one, perhaps it was just not for you. Does not mean that there is not a tank out there for you though.

the bristletooth tang was getting to be a bit of a bully towards the blenny, i was going to out him anyway. But the candy hog just went nuts. Dont know who killed the cardinal though. The aggressive tang was beaten up pretty badly too. Had to strip the tank to get them out. Just can not be arsed to set it back up again right now/

Ive set up a 20G tank, the one i bought to be my frag tank. Its just temp. Got my corals and the fish i want to keep in it. Im going to look for a 3' tank. Then i reckon ill fully box it in. Sell the polario and the corner tank. Then spend the money i get on making this new one nice. Unless i decide to stick with what i have.

Thats the plan for now. Small fish. SPS corals and wait til i get my own house for a propper build

So glad to hear that you will be replacing the tank with something at least.

My heart were doing a few flutters for a while, wondering what you would do.

Are you going 3x2x2, if so you should pick something like that up relatively easily. The polario sale should give you some extra too.

Presume you still have some Koralias you can use.

I forgot you had a hog fish, you had mentioned about that tang too.

What are you keeping??

Glad you're sticking with it mate and plan sounds like a good one....those little hogs have attitude for their size, mine's exactly the same....guess tang and blenny don't like each other due to both liking the same young algaes and compitition over this could be the problem there mate

im keeping

Clowns
1 x cardinal
coral beauty
blenny

SPS corals and my elegance.

Ive made a wanted thread on UR for a 3 footer. Il see what comes. I can get a new 36x18x18 for £90 so thats an option too

sorry to hear this ben but you have had a few problems with this tank.
hope you get what you require soon! 3' is a nice size to work with!

hello Ben

My son has an Empty 10x3x3 that should be going up for sale soon if your intrested

James

Hi there

yes you are right it is a big tank but is just sitting there but has no where to put it in the new house

Not spoke to scott yet i tell him not to worry about his fish but i know that is not an opition he panics to much about them so he should be online soon some point tomorrow tho

Most reactions

Back