Barney And Lyn's 5Ft Reef Tank (150G(Uk) System)

Very quick update:

Bad news - We have lost one of our new anthia's. It was looking fine and healthy, eating no problems but was always separate from the other two. A week or two ago he just disappeared and we haven't seen her since.

Phosphate and nitrate levels are still higher than I would like but they are almost back to normal.

Good News -
The dominate anthias (which I had by himself for awhile before I upgraded to the bigger tank) is starting to turn into a male (pictures below).
Corals are looking healthier each day. Bubble and torch have fully recovered and are growing again. thought I was going to completely lose my zoas but they are coming back to life again.
The xenia and green mushrooms are growing so quickly they are starting to become a pest.

Anyway few pictures below:
IMG_4189.jpg

IMG_4201.jpg

IMG_4202.jpg

IMG_4203.jpg

IMG_4210.jpg

IMG_4221.jpg

ps...know how you feel about the mushies and xenia,lol...snap!! Try getting xenia to grow up walls and remove any that spread over your rockwork..hard I know as every little portion of flesh left behind will grow into another head in a very short time..look at the bright side though...it's a wonderful bio filter , absorbing lots of nutrient from your water !!

Yeah, i never actually believed that xenia did that but after the cycle from the uncured LR it did have a massive growth spurt which made a believer out of me :)

I have been thinking about putting some on the back or side wall when I rescape (finally ordered some acrylic rod after weeks of saying im going too :) ).

Edit: must also add I hope that the anthias changes soon as Lyn keeps moaning that he "looks dirty". :)

looking good Barney, nice that the anthia is turning into a male, will be a stunner :drool:

Sorry for your loss of the other anthia, I have decided not to keep anymore after losing two of my three, one to suicide with the lights and the other just disappeared :crazy:

Seffie x

:fish:

Tough about the anthias, they're a little harder to keep alive and pass mysteriously like that too often.

But on the good side, the tank looks AWESOME :D

Couple of ways you can do it. One way is to just put it right next to the wall you want it to grow on with the flow going towards that wall and it will grow onto it. The other is just to frag a bit and superglue it to the glass.

Couple of ways you can do it. One way is to just put it right next to the wall you want it to grow on with the flow going towards that wall and it will grow onto it. The other is just to frag a bit and superglue it to the glass.

Good old superglue! :D Cheers!

(Not that I have any corals yet, but good to know just in case!)

Most reactions

Back