Aquamarine 900 Journal - My First Marine Tank

Fineeee here you go...

New addition (going back to basics now for abit)

Green Star Polyps if im not mistaken, abit undercoloured and battered hence why i got them so cheap :p but ill bring their colour out.

IMG_0336.jpg

me being diverse i thought i'd suprise you all with a picture of my own basic freshwater setup which hooked me, which i never ever share really :p you can actually see my reef in the reflection lol

IMG_0341.jpg

so back to business... ive got alot on order in my LFS , heres the left of my tank (with my goby poking his head out on the bottom left :p)
IMG_0343.jpg

on this side i want to add some more mushrooms/zoas of various colours (ive got a red knobbly frag i forgot to photograph -_-) and hopefully a toadstool like THIS which im crossing my fingers that my clownfish will decide to host if they dont however i still love this coral.

middle of the tank really is a clean slate and ive got a few of my own ideas but this is really where my light is most intense, so if any1 wants to throw a few ideas into the pot you can do so

IMG_0347.jpg

and the right of my tank currently dominated by my non photosynthetic corals... duno what else im guna put in this area im kinda doing things 1 area at a time

IMG_0349.jpg

On order

1 sun coral
1 long stem toadstool
lots of various mushies
ultra zoas
and a suprise fish which im not telling :p

p.s. if this aint motivation i dont know what is lol

Now that's more like it!

Looking nice and plenty of scope for your plans/additions.

You would be amazed at some of the things that clowns are prepared to host in! I am also often amazed at them NOT hosting in things that I thought they would!

they host my powerhead at night... sit in the cup -_- lol. Any ideas you wana throw in at the middle of my tank?
just incase anyone has forgot i have 4x compact t5s and aquabeam 600s.

Well I have a real soft spot for LPS - but you would need to keep them away from your softies, use something to keep the chemical warfare down & put them in the highest light if you want the best colours out of them.

Are you sure you want another fish? I think you have got a great little mix as it is.

Well I would start with a small frag of whatever takes your fancy - just to make sure you have enough light. Hammer maybe or Torch?

Temporarily put it as high up as you can under the most intense of your lighting & if it is too bright (unlikely!) move it lower.

Make sure you leave a good area around it away from anything it may fight with & use carbon or similar.

I just got some green star polyps! I think you should put a frogspawn in the middle.

Most reactions

Back