Appisto Agassazi

indir-emir

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Hi all,
Just got my Appistogramma Agassazii's. Got a picture of a couple of em only. I think i have 2 males and 4 females (what luck if i did :D) as i bought 6 oung ones. The are approximately 5cm. The dull ones (which i think are females) are about 3-4cm.
Anyway on i go with a few pics.

Male?
21082009900.jpg

21082009891.jpg

Female in Background? Male is the one thats turning in front?
21082009873.jpg

21082009886.jpg

This one may help..
21082009882.jpg

Sorry in advance for crappy pictures but this is taken of my nokia n95 (5 mega pixel camera). GF has her camera and is at work for a while longer.

Regards,
Indir

the really bright once are males but im not sure about the other once because they look difrent to my female
this is the male hes 2 inches

this is the female shes 1 inch

sorry about the bad pic is on a 2mp phone camera

Those pics look like Males to me.

the once in the backround look like young males to me. the best way to sex them is males are bright coloured and females are just a golden colour.

Wow Bought 6 and so far none have a yellow colour.. Some are very dull tho. So ill let them settle in acheck again tomorrow.

Gonna be disapointed to see no females :\

Regards,
Indir

Thats acutaly on 3 of them lol.

Will take a look :)

Thanks

Regards,
Indir

Hmm the first to pictures show rounded dorsal fins though? Shouldnt they be pointed if male?

Regards,
Indir

the first one is pointed the females have really round fins and there alot shorter than the males.

the dorsal is the fin ontop of it and the anal is the fin on the bottomjust infront of the tail.

Most reactions

Back