Improving inherited nightmare tank - Ongoing

Speaking of the baby cories though, I could only see three of them earlier. I dropped a bit of an algae wafer in just to lure the fourth one out, and the three were chasing the wafer around the tank, but no fourth appeared. I'm looking at both open sides, open the lid which is the whole top of the tank - can't see it. One of the smallest ones is missing, I can't even see it hiding under the almond leaf.

My heart sank and I began looking by moving decor. There's only a couple of pieces of wood, a stone, an almond leaf, and some small live plant stems in there, where could he be hiding? I was even wondering if he'd jumped out somehow, despite there being a lid and it being a cory. I lift everything up, can't see him. Lift the sponge filter a bit, can't see him. I'm wondering if the others could or would have eaten him, when I look again and he's at the front, looking a bit spooked.

I don't know how he hid so well in such a small, relatively open tank, but he scared me. Think he must have popped into another dimension for a little bit then come back.
That's a classic feline move when it's time to visit the vet!

Most reactions

Back