Am I Over Stocked ?

Bronson

Reaction score
Hi guys, i have a Roma 200 tank ( 200 ltr ) and was wondering if i am overstocked. I am getting a lot of green algea in the tank and i was told it might be because i am over stocked and have too much waste in the tank. I have 12 zebra danios, 10 neons, 2 electric blue rams and a khuli loach ( i think thats how it's spelt ). Thanks for any replies.

Seems ok, but your Kuhli needs some friends as they're a very sociable species.

How long are your lights on for a day?
How long has your tank been set up?
How much are you feeding?

If anything, your tank is under-stocked. You should definitely get some more kuhli loaches as they're much happier in a group. If you're having algae problems it's probably related to the amount of light you have and the nutrients in the water. Do you have live plants? What kind of lighting do you have? Do you dose the tank with fertilizers? Can you post a pic of the algae?

edit: dang, beaten. >>

Probably overfeeding, we are all guilty of this at some stage, I know I was & probably still am.

Tom

If anything, your tank is under-stocked. You should definitely get some more kuhli loaches as they're much happier in a group. If you're having algae problems it's probably related to the amount of light you have and the nutrients in the water. Do you have live plants? What kind of lighting do you have? Do you dose the tank with fertilizers? Can you post a pic of the algae?

edit: dang, beaten. >>

Pretty much the same thoughts though... :) :good:

And yes Tom, overfeeding was something i was terribly guilty of in the early stages, i couldn't see the fish for the cheap food i used to chuck in the tank! :lol:

Most reactions

Back