Albino On Aquabid

Holy... crap. $250! I really, really doubt he will get that much. Honestly, that's crazy! He is a really adorable Betta, but I'd think $100 would be totally pushing it. My friend has an albino Betta, named albino Pete ;0)

Poor, poor Synirr!

:hyper: Are you sure they got the price right??????? Maybe they added a nought by mistake!!! :D
Sadly, it's correct. The other two giants listed by Wasan are $150 each :/

Sadly yes. Unless my LFS is BSing me. If not does anyone wanna cross a HM x HM giant and give me some fry so I can inbreed them and get some giants :hey:
They're BSing you, I'm sure of it. Giants are just another "breed", so to speak :)

... you know what you could probably pull off?

Start a donation run on this forum, and if you breed her you'll give fry to people who donate. I bet you you'll get $250 no sweat.

... you know what you could probably pull off?

Start a donation run on this forum, and if you breed her you'll give fry to people who donate. I bet you you'll get $250 no sweat.
So uh... my Paypal is [email protected] :whistle: :lol:

With no guarantees the fish is fertile, I'm not sure how worthwhile it would even be. I read up on it last night and apparently some rarer forms of albinism can cause infertility, but whether these exist in fish or not I'm not sure. Chances are it's fertile, I'd say.

o_O

For being the person who suggested it (although I'd wager, not the first person who thought of it), I'm strangely hesitant.

............*muses, carefully*

Ya trust me, Synirr?

edit
*(about 90% of my 'doubts' come up because we're in our last 3 hours of selektion, here. ;) i still think it'd work, if i were you, i'd save it as your super secret weapon, in case another "must have" betta wanders into aquabid.

Eh, I don't honestly expect people to buy a betta for me, even if it is a group effort *lol*
I also seriously doubt he's going to get $250 for that fish, no matter how rare. $100 I could see, maybe, but definitely not $250 unless he's lucky enough to find a bidder who has a wad of cash burning a hole in their pocket. It has been relisted now, but at the same price :rolleyes:

If it was legal in Australia I would put a bid for i but sadly betta giants arent legal :sad:
Why aren't betta giants legal in Australia? I would think the giant mutation would be considered the same as any tail type mutation like crowntail, veiltail, double tail, etc...

I went back to another pet store the one who produce good fish. They said they were aloud now just to get the sucker to bring the price down a bit say to 100-150 then it will be mine mine ALL MINE lol.

Still there, and for the same freakin' price. Uuuuuugh. Catch a hint Wasan, after being relisted 4 times it's time to lower the price a tidge. The other two non-albino giants are still available for $150 each, too. Why must everything Wasan sells be overpriced? Seriously.

Sorry, I needed to vent :look:

I've only ever bought fish from him at shows. The one I remember distinctly being from Wasan was that pink HM that Kara has now (Smooch), I got him for 4 bucks :p

$4?? No fair! He doesn't have a single fish on Aquabid listed for less than $30.

Well, for a start that betta is not actually as big as it seems, if you notice the fish are in the background, bringing the albino to the front as your main attraction making it bigger, to be honest I don't think that fish is very pretty and I certainly wouldn't pay that much for it, no matter the size. If you actualy look at the way they have positioned the fish they try and make the albino look alot bigger than it actualy would be.

If it's from Wasan and he says it's a giant then it's a giant... but "giant" may only be 3-3.5" as opposed to 2.5" for a normal betta. Anyway, the point isn't that it's a giant -- they're practically a dime a dozen on Aquabid nowadays -- it's that it's albino. You only get about one of those out of every 10,000 or so fry.

Most reactions

Back