Aaron's 216l Planted Journal!

8 Marbeled hatchets
12 Dwarf neon rainbows
4 Botia striata
2 SAE's

I think thats it!?
I am waiting until i come back off holiday to get some more fish... Angels & maybe some Panda Garras. They're nicer than pitbul plecs :)

So what you aiming for then with the plants?

Thanks, Aaron

8 Marbeled hatchets
12 Dwarf neon rainbows
4 Botia striata
2 SAE's

I think thats it!?
I am waiting until i come back off holiday to get some more fish... Angels & maybe some Panda Garras. They're nicer than pitbul plecs :)

So what you aiming for then with the plants?

Thanks, Aaron
i want a jungle setup...lots of foliage. i want to give the impression that my rio is bigger than it actually is by sticking a shoal of 20 ember tetras in their with the hope of giving the illusion that they are in a massive tank lol.

where did you get your TT 1200 from? im looking at buying one and the best price ive found is 90 quid...other wise i think i might get an eheim but i prefer the grey piped of the TT.

you been to trowell yet? they got some nice plants their along with a good selection of fish.

im taking it slow this time...still dont know on the substrate though...i might get some JBL and cap it with sand or maybe some akadama...i dont know...it all needs planning i suppose.

I got the TT from ebay, 2nd hand, £52 posted :D
It didnt come with any intake/ outlets but it gave me a good reason to get some lily's ;) I put new piping on aswell for obvious reasons, i got clear stuff.

Still not been to Trowell :X
If i'm honest i forgot about it :blush:
One day i shall go, perhaps popping into East Bridgford to see Mark's tank and maybe him :dunno: Whats the other close by too? That is another of Sam's shops lol, have you been to that one (if you know which i mean :rolleyes: )

I got the TT from ebay, 2nd hand, £52 posted :D
It didnt come with any intake/ outlets but it gave me a good reason to get some lily's ;) I put new piping on aswell for obvious reasons, i got clear stuff.

Still not been to Trowell :X
If i'm honest i forgot about it :blush:
One day i shall go, perhaps popping into East Bridgford to see Mark's tank and maybe him :dunno: Whats the other close by too? That is another of Sam's shops lol, have you been to that one (if you know which i mean :rolleyes: )
cool...ill see if i can pick one up sometime.

i dont know which shop you mean lol.

if you do go to trowell, you may want a run up to shipley as every once in a while they have a massive order from tropica and all plants are £2.99 each! i would ring first though.

yeah, not much though, i shall get some pics later, then post them tommorrow if i remeber :rolleyes:

ok, no probs, got any tips for planting hc, and e.parvula- they are coming 2moz so hpefully i can get the tank set up!

and also, know you have told me already, but i forgot- whats the reading need to be on the one guague of the reg(co2) as i twisted the factory preset knob if you remember, was it 1.5?

straight tweesers are the way to go!

1.5-2, and the other should be 50-70

ok, thanks bud, glad i have straight aswell as curved now then- any tips for how far away each little hc plantlet should be? and do you plant hairgrass by individual piece or just by bunch(and how far apart)

thanks

leave a couple of cm between each plant, with the hairgrass just get some small clumps, and trim back to the substrate leaving only a bit of the leaves protuding from the substrate
For HC, you can plant individual stems, or in 1x1cm squares

leave a couple of cm between each plant, with the hairgrass just get some small clumps, and trim back to the substrate leaving only a bit of the leaves protuding from the substrate
For HC, you can plant individual stems, or in 1x1cm squares

the hc will have to be individual, i only brought one pot.. amazon frogbit came from weimenster, but tgm plants havnt yet :crazy:

rotala rotundifolia
DSCF0040.jpg

which is very red :shock:

FTS, day 66
DSCF0038.jpg

I have ordered a set for cleaning the lilies, they are just out of stock, its just not me being lazy :lol:

and the hairgrass, with added fungus lol, that is actually dead, the anti fungus treatment worked llj - thanks! :flowers:

EDIT: better add the pic lol,
DSCF0025-2.jpg

and the hairgrass, with added fungus lol, that is actually dead, the anti fungus treatment worked llj - thanks! :flowers:

EDIT: better add the pic lol,
DSCF0025-2.jpg

Well, that's awesome, Aaron! Glad it worked for you.

The rotala is very bright! They usually come quite pink from the nursery. They become more "reasonable" and IMO, much prettier after a few weeks in a tank.

talk about fast growth, the rotala has grown 1cm already :eek:
I just put the lights on to show a friend and noticed it, i was really shocked lol.

Most reactions

Back