Aaron's 216l Planted Journal!

Thanks Adam, i have ordered some rotala rotundifolia & L.Palustris. I want some red in this tank, not lots though, so hopefully it will be more subtle with these plants.

llj, i have some acrylic covers in place :devil:
<a href="http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?s=&...t&p=2386931" target="_blank">http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?s=&...t&p=2386931</a>

They will be lucky to escape, there is a 2" x 2" feeding gap, :shifty:

You, underestimate the skill of your fish. :lol: My Betta imbellis jumped ship with only an inch gap. We will see. They wouldn't be very bright, though, the tank is a much better place to be than the floor.

Jenclibee, the fish are Botia striata, also called the Zebra loach. "Banded creature thing" also works. :lol:

LOL, yeh first thing that came to mind was that name... and theres me thinking that i was been technical lol :p

nice true SAE's aaron, great minds think alike eh! i have had 2 in my 240 for a while now and they are awesome.

i had the fungus for about a week and then it seemed to go after a couple of 50% w/c's.
is that akadama i see?

Looking good aaron, that banded creature thing is cute

lol, thanks,

You, underestimate the skill of your fish

:lol: I have just realised i have 3 brace bars, so they may not be able to "fly" without smacking their head on them :crazy: Another one to add to the list of possible cause of death lol.
is that akadama i see?

Thanks Nick, it is ADA Malaya

wowee the malaya looks like akadama.
how is the Malaya? - do you think it is leaching a toxin that is causing the fungus? - personally i think it is one of the new set-up syndromes. - hopefully anyway.

wowee the malaya looks like akadama.
how is the Malaya? - do you think it is leaching a toxin that is causing the fungus? - personally i think it is one of the new set-up syndromes. - hopefully anyway.

It isnt bad, clouds easily which was causing problems however it now appears to have settled down. I am not sure if this is the same with Amazonia which is far more popular. I know ADA II substrates are the worst for it.
I doubt it will be leaching toxins (well, at least toxins that cause fungus). I was expecting fungus from the wood, just not this bad!! I added a bit of the anti fungus today.
Here is a FTS, Day 44 already!

21072009day44.jpg

and showing how the crypts have thickened up:

DSCF0003-1.jpg

and "the brave one" lol

DSCF0003.jpg

Thanks for looking.
Aaron

have you seen what the brown clodyness is doing to your glassware :blush:

i love the loach though, nice shot.

looking good mate, not that i know anything aout it!

oh im sure you do :p

I got 12 dwarf neon rainbows & 2 angels yesterday, however one of the angels has died :( It was swimming/ acting strangely one minute, then the next minute it was fine :unsure: It started late last night... No visibal diseases or infections, cloudy eyes, etc etc. Only a damaged fin which is to be expected with most purchases. Not infected though. The other is fine.
They took them off sale a few hours later after i purchased them :rolleyes: They are giving me a credit note anyway.
I havent got a picture of the angel yet, but i have one of the rainbows which are awesome :D

DSCF0008.jpg

Thanks, Aaron

Another update, the left piece of wood has gone, not sure if i am going to replace it after living with it for a week. I quite like it :)

Just got a picture of the angel, its nice to have a more elegant and peacful fish amongst the rainbows which are end to end all day lol.

DSCF0033-1.jpg

I am liking this section of the tank the most, it has matured and grown in together the quickest, however this picture doesnt do it justice. The FTS is better though :wink:

DSCF0008-1.jpg

And a timeline:

Day 1
Untitled-2.jpg

Day 14
21062009day14.jpg

Day 18
DSCF0094-1.jpg

Day 44
21072009day44.jpg

Day 49
26072009day49.jpg

There are a few open spaces, but soon to be filled with R.Rotundifolia, L.Palustris, B.Australis, C.Thalitrichoides & C.Undulata.

The undulata is from the new sponsors so i'll let you know how i get on :D
Thanks for looking, Aaron

Looking really natural aaron and those dwarf rainbows are gorgeous! Are they active schoolers?

How is your frogbit doing? I really struggle with mine got a couple of large plants (1.7" leaves) but all the others generally struggle, despite blocking some light and good air temp. They do my head in!

Looking really natural aaron and those dwarf rainbows are gorgeous! Are they active schoolers?

How is your frogbit doing? I really struggle with mine got a couple of large plants (1.7" leaves) but all the others generally struggle, despite blocking some light and good air temp. They do my head in!

Constantly together :) Sometimes they shoal with the hatchets, and if they are on the bottom, the SAE's & Loaches shoal too :)

I have sent about 100 frogbit plants out already. You dont see much on the photo's because it is constantly being thinned out. Light & CO2 is always ok with floating plants. So you have to turn to nutrients, generally they dont get enough nitrogen.

How far away are the lights? They might be getting burned.

Thanks

I like the rainbows they are so pretty. Everybody has a favorite spot in their tank.

For me, frogbit was the uber floating weed. I could barely keep up.

llj

Most reactions

Back