Aaron's 216l Planted Journal!

its come on alot from the bare wood branches! looks great mate, what are your foreground plans? just Eleocharis acicularis?

yes, should be getting a few fish in the next couple of days, and maybe some C.Balansae if they have it!!

nice, still going with the angels theme- in the latest pfk mag there was an article on the new fish, and the angel showing is 10x better than any i have every seen, get a couple of thouse!

Pearlscale Angel?? Yeah, they did look good. I am getting some hatchets first, angels last.

something like that, it looked more curved shape than the usual ones. nice choice with the hatchets, hope you dont have any jumpers

they didnt have any hatchets in, and it is rare if they do because they cost £4 & dont sell that many,
Instead i got 4 Botia Striata. Just did a water change before introducing them due to mega high CO2 levels!! ;)
I have got some pics but will upload them tomorrow.

they didnt have any hatchets in, and it is rare if they do because they cost £4 & dont sell that many,
Instead i got 4 Botia Striata. Just did a water change before introducing them due to mega high CO2 levels!! ;)
I have got some pics but will upload them tomorrow.

sweet! cant wait :)

The cyperus helferi
DSCF0041.jpg

Botia Striata
DSCF0016.jpg

DSCF0014-2.jpg

wow, the loaches are beautiful!

They are. Striata get to be about 4 inches? They'd look great on sand. Here I am so bent on large corydoras catfish for my 36g that I completely forget this species. They would go well with my cherry barbs too.

Thanks Aaron, for reminding me.

wow, the loaches are beautiful!

They are. Striata get to be about 4 inches? They'd look great on sand. Here I am so bent on large corydoras catfish for my 36g that I completely forget this species. They would go well with my cherry barbs too.

Thanks Aaron, for reminding me.

yes, 4"
They are very active, and currently having a good feast on the snails so they'll soon be nice and fat lol.

got my FE now aaron, and it fits in the cabinet :) think im gonna buy the tgm blue stone and get little rocks so i can pile them all up to make the wood look stable. have you got any tips for initial start up?

run ammonia remover/ purigen in your filter, frequent removal of debris & rotting plants, minimum of 2 x 50% water changes per week, 6hr photoperiod for 4-6weeks.
Just keep on top of maintenance, that is what i have been doing and no algae growth as of yet!! Only diatoms in the lily's and on the anubias. even the glass is algae free! Albeit only my 2nd "proper" planted tank this is the best i have had so far.

thanks

run ammonia remover/ purigen in your filter, frequent removal of debris & rotting plants, minimum of 2 x 50% water changes per week, 6hr photoperiod for 4-6weeks.
Just keep on top of maintenance, that is what i have been doing and no algae growth as of yet!! Only diatoms in the lily's and on the anubias. even the glass is algae free! Albeit only my 2nd "proper" planted tank this is the best i have had so far.

thanks

tidy. the filter will be mature anyway, im running it now, so when planted in 4-5 weeks it will be 6 weeks mature, i am dosing easycarbo aswell as running the pressurised co2, but i am keeping shrimp so whats the max easycarbo i should put in so it doesnt effect them?(35litre tank)

just stick to the reccomended dosage. I have overdosed 5x before withput any problems.

And running the CO2 high also hepls, just dont forget to change it when you add fish

Yes I like your loaches too :) Is it me or have there been a lack of loaches in recent times? I don't remember when I last saw ordinary Khuli's anywhere!

Sorry Aaron, around the 6th June just before I went on holiday I asked you about the temperature you were keeping the tank at. You said 26 degrees.

Angels really like water that is upwards of 30 degrees, I keep mine at 28-30, with no ill effects but have never kept them that cool.

Tank is looking stunning though, really like your loaches too.

Most reactions

Back