Aaron's 216l Planted Journal!

Oh no Arron you really have wetted my appetite for planted aquariums again. You really have an eye for detail. I have just read through you other thread with the bog wood and I have to say I'm getting an itch. I might just have a go at a small planted, using your methods as I'm really impressed with your work. I'm currently building a large marine system but I see absolutely no reason why I cant have a nice tropical aquarium in the sump area of the stand. I will probably be making a nuisance of myself in the months ahead.
Thanks for rekindling a spark
ATB
BigC

A convert from the saltie section! :shifty:

Always good.

Looking epsecially nice, Aaron!

Oh no Arron you really have wetted my appetite for planted aquariums again. You really have an eye for detail. I have just read through you other thread with the bog wood and I have to say I'm getting an itch. I might just have a go at a small planted, using your methods as I'm really impressed with your work. I'm currently building a large marine system but I see absolutely no reason why I cant have a nice tropical aquarium in the sump area of the stand. I will probably be making a nuisance of myself in the months ahead.
Thanks for rekindling a spark
ATB
BigC

A convert from the saltie section! :shifty:

Always good.

Looking epsecially nice, Aaron!

isnt it just, they keep trying to get me to go onto the dark side - it aint happening :lol:

thanks everyone

Thanks Bagu :)
I have added some Eleocharis acicularis
DSCF0102.jpg

it is like that across the whole foreground.

hey mate just a question...
that wood you got did you buy that from a fish store or just go around picking up some wood :p...
cause its expensive in the shops:S and that looks like a few 100 dollars worth of wood there :S?

thanks

hey mate just a question...
that wood you got did you buy that from a fish store or just go around picking up some wood :p...
cause its expensive in the shops:S and that looks like a few 100 dollars worth of wood there :S?

thanks

i got it from a member on APC. It is manzanita driftwood and cost me $90 but i didnt use it all. Very cheap and very good quality. Like you say it is expensive in aquatic stores!!
Check the first page under hardscape for more details.

Another great tank Aaron, looking at your tank's makes me want to have another go at the freshwater side. Fantastic stuff.

thanks, it is nice to hear people wanting another go at freshwater :D

its come on alot from the bare wood branches! looks great mate, what are your foreground plans? just Eleocharis acicularis?

its come on alot from the bare wood branches! looks great mate, what are your foreground plans? just Eleocharis acicularis?

yes, should be getting a few fish in the next couple of days, and maybe some C.Balansae if they have it!!

nice, still going with the angels theme- in the latest pfk mag there was an article on the new fish, and the angel showing is 10x better than any i have every seen, get a couple of thouse!

yes, should be getting a few fish in the next couple of days, and maybe some C.Balansae if they have it!!

nice, still going with the angels theme- in the latest pfk mag there was an article on the new fish, and the angel showing is 10x better than any i have every seen, get a couple of thouse!

Pearlscale Angel?? Yeah, they did look good. I am getting some hatchets first, angels last.

Most reactions

Back