A Challenge To Checkers Players

so every1 that types "u" instead of "you" is mr chav 2007? not only is that sexist as females may be using shortened text aswell, but it is blatant disregard of how people these days type informal texts, emails etc.

if u want 2 worry about spell checking everything u type then thats up 2 u, but so far no1 has had any problems understaing me

so every1 that types "u" instead of "you" is mr chav 2007? not only is that sexist as females may be using shortened text aswell, but it is blatant disregard of how people these days type informal texts, emails etc.

if u want 2 worry about spell checking everything u type then thats up 2 u, but so far no1 has had any problems understaing me

what was that i did n't quite get it

ermm forgive me if IM wrong but 6th form is not compulsory education.i might just be me though as andy has obviously not been 2 school 4 a while
And if you can find where I said compulsory education is finished you will win 7 internets!!!!111one!!1one! :lol: WTF! ZOMG Choo p33p5 r0ffl3 my w4ff135.[/leet]

so every1 that types "u" instead of "you" is mr chav 2007? not only is that sexist as females may be using shortened text aswell, but it is blatant disregard of how people these days type informal texts, emails etc.if u want 2 worry about spell checking everything u type then thats up 2 u, but so far no1 has had any problems understaing me

Try and write like that in the real world and you will soon find yourself in a McJob serving chips and burgers to those that take the time to spell correctly.

what was that i did n't quite get it

haha im sarcastically laughing.

andy u really need 2 look at what ur saying, at what point did i put any of the following "111one!!1one! WTF! ZOMG Choo p33p5 r0ffl3 my w4ff135.[/leet]"

most of that is not shortened text but hacker language, and had u read my post i said "how people these days type informal texts, emails etc" the key word being informal, so please stop patronising the younger generation with ur self belief of ur own knowledge.

... because people cant except different opinions or ways. i lied i posted again damn. someone slap me please.

Sorry what was the second from last word? :rolleyes:
Ok, now that is just starting a whole new argument.This is a forum, and people tend to write formally (I think thats the right word?), and not as if they are on msn or an Im.To say it is sexist to females is just going into a whole new level.You knowsexism can be to 'males' aswell.As I have said this isn't you texting your friend while sitting in bed at night or talkingcasually to someone on msn.This is a forum, peoplego on it for help, discussions and information,not for friends and personal conversations.Oh, and sorry for my sqaushed words lol, the dam ovr thing came on.

andy u really need 2 look at what ur saying, at what point did i put any of the following "111one!!1one! WTF! ZOMG Choo p33p5 r0ffl3 my w4ff135.[/leet]"

And at what point did I say you put that? Why are you trying to second guess what I write? If you look at my posts I often drift into occasionaly 1337.

most of that is not shortened text but hacker language,

Correct, though why you are telling me I am somewhat unsure, though one often can see people gradually drift into shorthand and then into leet.

and had u read my post i said "how people these days type informal texts, emails etc" the key word being informal,

The key point also being it is how some people do it. Many other young people use correct language in emails as it takes but seconds more to type, but prevents you looking like a sad little oik on AOL.

:D

so please stop patronising the younger generation with ur self belief of ur own knowledge.

My self belief of my own knowledge? Could please explain this? I am somewhat confused by the term and cannot work out what you really mean.

guess what everyone!!!!!!!

im playing internet checkers :D i hope thsi computer isnt as good as the other one else im in troublee :sly: anyone else used to play checkers over msn?!

sorry what was the 4th from last word?

if u look i would say a vast majority of people on here shorten words in 1 way or another, maybe not 2 my extent but they do shorten them, r u going 2 tell them that they cant and they must make every word correct otherwise they r inferior 2 u?
i think u should just get every little big of anger out of u andy in 1 last post and call an end, i will do likewise if u agree

The key point also being it is how some people do it. Many other young people use correct language in emails as it takes but seconds more to type, but prevents you looking like a sad little oik on AOL.

To back up andys point I use correct grammer in emails...Well I try to, there is really only need for shortened text when you are having a instant messaging (Ie msn, text) convo-sation(I only had to write 6 more words!)

words or letters ?! :p

anyone here watched anger management with adam sandler?! if u have then join in it works on that ...

"i feel pretty o so pretty o so pretty n witty n fine"

^ not sure if there the lyrics but YOU catch the drift i hope!

sorry what was the 4th from last word?

On what, from where? :dunno:

if u look i would say a vast majority of people on here shorten words in 1 way or another, maybe not 2 my extent but they do shorten them, r u going 2 tell them that they cant and they must make every word correct otherwise they r inferior 2 u?
I do look, and most people don't shortern words like "you" or "your". Most also try and place correct apsotrophes. I don't demand everyone makes every word correct. There used to be a member who was dyslexic (though they are somewhat quiet from my experience now) and no one ever picked on them for language.

However, being less than perfect at written English is a far cry from being too lazy to make two extra key strokes. the important differentiating factor here is laziness.

Everyone makes mistakes; "to err is human". Typos creep in on the best of us, just ask anyone about my typing abilities in chat when I get going.

i think u should just get every little big of anger out of u andy in 1 last post and call an end, i will do likewise if u agree

I would get the anger out if there was any. I have been smiling the entire time I post this. You, on the other hand, have admitted you seem to have "little big" anger. Maybe you should chill? :D

Most reactions

Back