5 gallon Betta tank

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I have some betta and kept them with guppies and it seems that betta reacts well to guppies. I'm also put them into the 5 gallons and betta is very happy with his home.

Male guppies are usually one of the worst fish to keep with a betta - he sees those long fins as another betta and attacks.

I once witnessed a betta in a tank of guppies in a shop. He herded the guppies into a corner one at a time and ripped chunks out of their tails.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but for the sake of the fish, here goes. If they are long tailed guppies then you could end up with a problem. Bettas sometimes mistake them for other bettas and attack them. Keep an eye on them. Bettas aren’t community fish and should really be kept alone. The 5 gallon is really only enough for the one betta.

Male guppies are usually one of the worst fish to keep with a betta - he sees those long fins as another betta and attacks.

I once witnessed a betta in a tank of guppies in a shop. He herded the guppies into a corner one at a time and ripped chunks out of their tails.
See, great minds think alike.

I have 5 kuhli loaches with betta in 5 gal tank, they do fine.

In another tank I have some balloons mollies (from my friends) and a betta.

it just depends on betta personalities.

I have my boy Betta alone, and judging by his defensive reaction when I do a tank WC, he would get on badly with other fish. He doesn't seem bothered by the bladder snail in there, and I don't even have him in view of the other tank in the same room as I wouldn't want him flaring up all the time.

Edit: To note, I wouldn't put him with anything else anyway, good temperament or not

Please don't tell me the balloon mollies and betta are also in a five gallon

Kuhlis need a 20 gallon, a 5 is wayyyy too small for these :(

Most reactions

Back