Meet Patches...I rescued a Betta from those little Petco cups

Good Morning Patches
Well, it’s another day for Patches in her new home. Here she is first thing in the morning asking “where’s my breakfast?” A minute later I gave her 4 pellets. She’s got me trained!
IMG_3535.jpeg

Last edited:
Patches has a huge appetite. I fed her around 9 am (ET) this morning and now she's begging for lunch. I am giving here 3 pellets for lunch. I'm sure at dinnertime, she will be at the front of the tank cruising back and forth and saying FEED ME. She's a very young Betta so that accounts for her big appetite.

I know it's not good to overfeed fish. But PATCHES will get 3 moderate feedings per day. The feedings must be working as she is really coloring up nicely compared to her pale look when I rescued her from a Petco cup. I can now see colors of red, white, blue, yellow, purple and orange…every color of the spectrum.
IMG_3562.jpeg

Last edited:
It's amazing how much Patches, a female Koi Betta, has colored up in just 5 days in her new home. Going from the tiny Petco cup to a 5 gallon tank has made a huge difference in her health and vitality. Compare the two pic below .... first pic is the day I got here, second pic is today..5 days after rescuing her.
img_3525-jpeg.345034

IMG_3562.jpeg

Last edited:
She's a pretty girl! Happy she landed up in a good home and you're loving her so much!

I'm a betta beginner, but a lot of the marble/koi bettas apparently can change colours a lot between 3-6 months of age, so keep taking photos, because as well as colouring up and perking up now in a good home, she'll likely change a bit as she matures too! Found that out from a betta seller/hobbyist at the event yesterday, was pointing out which fish would change colours as they mature, and then some fish that they'd likely end up looking like - which was more like a koi betta 😍

Your before/after photos remind me of those fish I saw yesterday! I almost got one, thought it would be fun to watch the colours develop over time. But the blue boy kept drawing me back, and I wasn't going to give in to the people trying to get me to take a female betta too! :lol:

Mine doesn't have a name yet, I want a name for him and the hoplo at least, but rubbish at picking names! Will have to get photos then ask for suggestions. @Sparx seems a good person to ask! Like the suggestions you made! Like @TwoTankAmin , I worry about naming them meaning I'll lose them, and don't name all my fish, but some, like a single betta, you just have to!

Especially since you and Patches are developing a happy relationship where she has you well-trained ;):lol:
It is a really heartwarming thing! Wishing you have many happy years together!

Most reactions

Back