4ft Gourami Tank (inc Some Fish Pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sp00ky

Moved On
Reaction score
OK, so i been meaning to do this for a while now but not got round to it so here goes.

This is my 4ft Gourami tank.... as you will see there is a wealth of fish in there, including a BEAUTIFUL Jack Dempsey and a pair of spotted leaf fish, also 2 rams. Its not what you would call a conventional setup and the fish in there SHOULDNT by law mix... but hey, we all know that theres no bible to fish keeping... only what we are told. So for all those that may read on and see something that they dont agree with, i really aint interested. The fish that are mixed wont be there for much longer, once the fishhouse is completed and theres somewhere for them to go specifically!

4fta.jpg

4ftb.jpg

4ftc.jpg

4ftd.jpg

4fte.jpg

4ftf.jpg

4ftg.jpg

4fth.jpg

4fti.jpg

4ftj.jpg

hi spooky

just needed ur help i notice i have same tank as u 4ft what make is it and how many gallons does it take id be happy if you can provide measurement of it just so that i can make sure it is the same 1 i had bought it from a friend whom dont know hom many gallons it takes am wooried my tank my collapse or sommething i shall put pic soon of it

hi spooky

just needed ur help i notice i have same tank as u 4ft what make is it and how many gallons does it take id be happy if you can provide measurement of it just so that i can make sure it is the same 1 i had bought it from a friend whom dont know hom many gallons it takes am wooried my tank my collapse or sommething i shall put pic soon of it

how to upload pics help needed plz

Indeed, the less gravel you have, the easier to clean and the more volume of water.

Really nice gourami's!

That is a very unique tank ---the mix of fish I mean. It is also quite beautiful. How does the JD cichlid get along with the the others?

I'm almost inclined to turn one of my empty 55 gals into an all-gourami tank now. I'd like to see more pics (with the curtains closed this time ) :stupid:

PS: The spotted leaf fish are beautiful --- I'm going to do some research on them for my own edification but please send me a link to a good resource you might have about them? Thanks :good:

Indeed, the less gravel you have, the easier to clean and the more volume of water.

Really nice gourami's!

i undersantd what your saying, but TBH, its jack spitting the gravel about whereever he wants. plus it seems to do the plants a whole load a good being a little deeper than normal. i harvest the plants in that tank at least twice a week and replant in my other tanks. its like a little factory LOL

Zed, i will find out what make it is and let you know, however, it didnt come with the hood thats on it. it came with one of those crappy silver pitted things, so i bought the hood and stand seperately.

Exiled - Jack gets on well with the others. hes quite a character actually. if you dont feed him by a certain time in the morning, he spits the gravel at the glass until you get up :)

He spends most of his time on the bottom of the tank and keeps hinself to himself. Im lookin for a lady for him and then they are going in a 4ft tank on their own.

The leaf fish are really nice as well. apparently they will eat steak out of your fingers when they are larger. unfortunately i dont know of any sites that specifically deal with them, but im sure a google search will help you out :)

I will also look to taking some more pics on a nighttime for you all of the tank and more of its inhabitants :)

if u ever decide Jack needs a new home you know where to come :D

those fish are quite nice, could you tell me what they are called, im talking avout the yellowey orange coloured ones, with black on their sides and redish fins, if you could tell me i would appreciate it, thnx :D

those fish are quite nice, could you tell me what they are called, im talking avout the yellowey orange coloured ones, with black on their sides and redish fins, if you could tell me i would appreciate it, thnx :D

if your refering to the ones in the 5th picture, they are golden barbs. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back