200 Gallon Cube Tank Build Log

ooh ooh I had a lego set that you could build cars and stuff out of with proper motors :D would that work?

:shifty:

plumbed the return line from the sump! the modded spray bar worked! i drilled a small hole every 6" along the lines...here she is with the sump filling up with tap water while the return pump is shooting it into the tank..

DSCF0004-3.jpg

DSCF0003-5.jpg

DSCF0001-5.jpg

let me know!

Nice, any idea for the flowrate and/or how restrictive those spray bars are? Might wanna try some more holes ;)

good thoughts...ill fill up the sump with x amount of gallons and time how long it takes to empty.

god that tank looks absolutely awesome! i can't wait to see it up and running

Bucket + Stopwatch = Good :D

O come on now, thats cheating..... all you need to do is pick up a fluid mechanics book from your local bookstore for around $100, and follow the chapter on viscous flow with head loss..... couldnt be easier and you don't even get your shoes wet!!! Hahaha :lol:

Yes, I agree that it is looking great! Can't wait to see it completely filled with LR!! :good: :good:

Yep, it ain't science until something ends up on the floor which is meant to be elsewhere (like in the test kit you spent hours setting up only to turn around without thinking and send the bloody thing on a brief and terminal flight... :blush: )

Real-time update:

9:23 pm - test fill more then halfway complete.

DSCF0002-2.jpg

will i have the balls to transfer everything over tonight? we'll just have to wait and see..

10:54pm - everything is in order and ready to be moved..just got the 1" sand bed in the display tank and starting to move water..

DSCF0002-3.jpg

this is the base rock from the 44 cube..

DSCF0003-6.jpg

Most reactions

Back