200 Gallon Cube Tank Build Log

Get out the big 2' fan and do it in-house. Better yet, silicone it up, setup the feans, and go out for dinner and a movie :D. I wouldn't try and move it if I didnt have to

got the fans out :hyper:

DSCF0005-3.jpg

1-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

DSCF0004-2.jpg

WELL..here she is! i have to plumb the dursos in before i continue with top bracing...and still have to throw the canopy on and stain the side panels on the stand...but you get the picture..let me know what you guys think!!

mate that looks fantastic gonna look stunning when its full well done mate :good:

Looks great :good: I had visions of it being taller bit once the hood's on it's gonna be fantastic :drool:

Do ya wanna build me one?? I'll pay with cookies :nod:

thanks guys..does the electric co accept cookies as payment..if so, sure!!

but yeah, i had visions of it being taller too, but i had to make due with what i had (recycled glass is free!). i would have made it 30" tall instead of 20", but that glass aint cheap!

also means you can have better penetration of water :nod: also the tnak is looking really ace, cant waitto see some water in it :D

Looks brilliant! :hyper:
Can't wait to see how it turns out.

i plumbed the dursos today but left the pipe extensions at the bottom off so i can pull out the sump...

DSCF0005-4.jpg

DSCF0006-2.jpg

what do you guys think of dual modified spray bars (not really spraying, but using the eheim spray bar design) as returns from my quiet one 5000?

i was thinking of running 1" flex pvc up to the tank, then tee'ing off with 3/4" pipe at the top of the back of the tank to both sides, then 90'ing from back to front with 3/4" pipe just below the water surface, and drilling 3/8" holes every few inches for a total of about 8 exits per side spray bar, angled down 45 degrees into the tank? the canopy trim would hide these pipes. deal or no deal?

what do you guys think of dual modified spray bars (not really spraying, but using the eheim spray bar design) as returns from my quiet one 5000?

i was thinking of running 1" flex pvc up to the tank, then tee'ing off with 3/4" pipe at the top of the back of the tank to both sides, then 90'ing from back to front with 3/4" pipe just below the water surface, and drilling 3/8" holes every few inches for a total of about 8 exits per side spray bar, angled down 45 degrees into the tank? the canopy trim would hide these pipes. deal or no deal?

Deal, one of my local reefers did pretty much that exact same setup. His was off a closed-loop but I dont see why it couldnt work as a sump-return

cool, it shall be done then..

now i have to invent continuously rotating pvc fittings to make some wave action!

cool, it shall be done then..

now i have to invent continuously rotating pvc fittings to make some wave action!

Lol, if you can do that in a method that doesnt cost an arm and a leg, you'll be RICH ;)

i have an idea hire an old man to sit there and turn it :D ..... although the voice of reason in me thinks it could be impractical. Maybe if you could use a maxijet powerhead with a hydor flow attacthment (too my knowledge rotates all the way around) and then atatch the tubing on to that. This would create the sort of circular waveish motion on the surface at least, that being if it worked.

Most reactions

Back