200 Gallon Cube Tank Build Log

here's a kneeslapper...

DSCF0002-7.jpg

:blush: ..i can successfully build a tank this big, but i fail to anticipate this little gem. notice how close the thermostat is to 1000 watts of light? yeah..i get home and it feels like 75 but the thermostat reads 81...then it hits me..ahaha wow..this is going to be fun, now i have to compensate for the extra heat during the day while the lights are on and adjust the thermostat accordingly, and then go back to normal at night..shall be interesting..IDIOT.

i can just hope that once the rest of the canopy goes on, and i throw some fans in there it will keep the heat away. take your shots.

just finished construction of the canopy extention..i installed 4 3" fans on the back brace facing in. and i hinged two top panels for access. still need to round off some edges and stain it. the two short sides will be what you see when your looking at the tank.

these two holes on the front brace are just for circulation into the other half of the canopy that is already on the tank:

DSCF0006-3.jpg

all four fans are wired to one DC adapter:

DSCF0005-12.jpg

underside shot:

DSCF0001-9.jpg

this canopy extension will butt up to the back of the exisiting canopy:

11.jpg

im going to stain it with a two in one stain/polyurethane sealant.

I love the tank the build is good the scaping is good its all just well........ good!

:good: :good:

Keep it up want lots more pics please

Most reactions

Back