1000 Us Gal Project

how do you transport something that big ? lol

if im moving any fish myself i put the directly into a polybox

big tiger fish lay on their sides and look dead when you open the box

the best bit about tiger fish is when they are out of the water they go stiff so you can pick them up by hand no problem just be carefull of the dorsal fin as it razor sharp

how do you transport something that big ? lol

if im moving any fish myself i put the directly into a polybox

big tiger fish lay on their sides and look dead when you open the box

the best bit about tiger fish is when they are out of the water they go stiff so you can pick them up by hand no problem just be carefull of the dorsal fin as it razor sharp

correct me if i'm wrong didn't you say your missus carried the large rays from out the house into the new tank when it was built ?

i can't imagine how you'd transport them now if you needed to over a distance, i guess a pond liner in the back of a transit or something lol

Stunning tank btw, wish i could come back n see it again lol

I wouldnt sell any of the rays now

but the big tigers are harder to move

a ray need 4-5 inch deep of water in a polybox

the tigers are very tall so its like carrying a 30inch tank full of water as they need about 18 inch deep of water

rays are easy i have moved them to and from holland a few times you just put the water in the box put the ray in the box and off you go sometimes a strap a battery air pump to the top of the box make a small hole in the lid of the box then drop a air line and stone in this does have down sides in the cold as it makes the water cold with the air pump pumping in cold air into the water

you also need to not feed the rays 2-3 days before not moving them as it messes up the water bad when they crap

T1karmann, that is one awesome tank!! I have been trying to message you but can't get it to work. I wanted to ask your permission to use a couple of your old photo's. Please contact me for more info. thanks.

T1karmann, that is one awesome tank!! I have been trying to message you but can't get it to work. I wanted to ask your permission to use a couple of your old photo's. Please contact me for more info. thanks.

i dont think you can send PMs until you have a certain number of posts

yeah no prob using pics as long as they are not used to rip someone of when you are trying to sell a fish you would be shocked how many people email me saying someone is using you photos just put a note on the bottom saying with T1 Richards permissin

what do you want them for ?

fun but the people who live next door to me sent there kids in to take loads of pics to do a project at school as they have seen the tank loads of times and in the summer with the doors open they get a clear veiw :lol:

yeah no prob using pics as long as they are not used to rip someone of when you are trying to sell a fish you would be shocked how many people email me saying someone is using you photos just put a note on the bottom saying with T1 Richards permissin

fun but the people who live next door to me sent there kids in to take loads of pics to do a project at school as they have seen the tank loads of times and in the summer with the doors open they get a clear veiw :lol:

Hey thanks! I just wanted to use one of your Uaru F. photos on my blog and fb page. I will tag them with something like "used with kind permission of T1 Richards". I won't pass them off as my own lol!

I don't want to move too far off this threads topic, but what is your secret to taking such awesome photos?

Hey thanks! I just wanted to use one of your Uaru F. photos on my blog and fb page. I will tag them with something like "used with kind permission of T1 Richards". I won't pass them off as my own lol!

I don't want to move too far off this threads topic, but what is your secret to taking such awesome photos?

for good pics you need good water with clean glass and lots of light

a good cam helps but not 100% needed as all the pics in this thread are taken with iphone from 3gs to 4s

i think some of the uaru pics were taken with a panasonic fz50 but them flash cams have to many settings and you take more time playing with them than taking pics

the uaru.f are a great fish better than the normal uaru and getting cheaper now

great to read the history of your tank from concrete to stock!

A guy converted his cellar into an aquarium, last year I think it was, touted as the biggest in the UK...he gets into his tank to clean it etc! Its got me thinking of a swim-in bathroom perhaps, the ultimate wetroom! Google brings it up; good photo's with the article

I think I will stick with 260litres just for starters...

You have a beautiful aquascape, well done!!

great to read the history of your tank from concrete to stock!

A guy converted his cellar into an aquarium, last year I think it was, touted as the biggest in the UK...he gets into his tank to clean it etc! Its got me thinking of a swim-in bathroom perhaps, the ultimate wetroom! Google brings it up; good photo's with the article

I think I will stick with 260litres just for starters...

You have a beautiful aquascape, well done!!

that tank was in pfk they wont do a artical on my tank as i dont get on with them

If you don't wish to say that's fair enough but how come you don't get on with them ?

Tank looks great still :good:

Most reactions

Back