1000 Us Gal Project

man this is awesome.....now quit teasing us give us that much anticipated full tank shot!!!

Forget about full tank pics, get a video up :) Cant wait to see those Gold Tinfoils with all that room. I bought 4 myself a month back but they are only livin in a tiny tincan of a 6x2x2 for now. Want to see how good they will look for next year when I finally get my 9x3x3.

will get a video up at the weekend and lots of pics of the fish being moved

i need to take some sand out as i think i OD a bit but im not sure as i still cant see the back

Attachments

• IMG_0171.JPG
    IMG_0171.JPG
    26.2 KB · Views: 191
They're amazing, thanks for the pic. Mine are only about 3 to 4" at the minute but bought them no bigger than Tiger Barbs. Cant wait to get them lookin like that, they are already bulking up nicely, they love their Crickets. Look amazing schooling with the Silver Sharks too

i have 3 more but i left them in the old tank as they are great cleaners and even eat ray crap

Haha yeah, they eat anything dont they. I had a nightmare with mine, they took the eye out of my silver Needle false Gar, lost it the other day as I just couldn't get it eating afterwards.

thats absolutely stunning its nice to see somebody do a monster tank build but also put as much importance on the visual appeal of the overall package as you have. a top notch job you must be ( and rightly so) very proud of it . :good:

I think the sand is fine, you want lots if your gonna plant some stuff in it, plenty of room for the roots. thats if you are gonna plant it. would you put a CO2 system in if you did ?

I think the sand is fine, you want lots if your gonna plant some stuff in it, plenty of room for the roots. thats if you are gonna plant it. would you put a CO2 system in if you did ?

the tank is gonna house rays so they need all the floor space.

besides if he did plant it then tinfoil barbs would mash everything within minutes lol

its a fish tank not a water garden

so lots of fish no plants :lol:

very nice looking tank wish i could afford / allowed to have one as big so i could of kept my tinfoils. i have been thinking about rays recently, i don't want any but what i would do if i did and i thought perhaps using some wood to almost create two bottoms to the tank... so first floor is just plain sand for the rays .. but possibly 15 inches up create a second bottom out of wood and hover it above by connecting the wood to the back of the aquarium.

| |
| |
| second floor |
| |
|__________________________ |
| first floor |
|___________________________|

^^^^ oh yer what a diagram

#40## the diagram won't come out right....

i hope you understand what i mean, its just when i look at ray tanks they always look well don't take this the wrong way but bland. if you want me to clear anything up i shall.

you couldn't just completely block the rays off in a sealed compartment in the bottom of a tank! and if this second floor was like a shelf then the rays would just swim up onto it, they don't just sit on the bottom like you see in pictures.
if you was to make a shelf like structure you'd be better going smaller than bigger, so small just so as to hold a bit of substrate and plants, so small it would be difficult for the rays to hang on to eat plants etc, but over all i think its a bad idea. just something else for the rays to bang into and harm themselves. just seen a slight mark on my ray, must have been from the wood that the java fern is attached to, so looks like that will have to go sooner than expected! this is why ray tanks should be bare! aswel as to maximise floor space.

amazing tank,although i must say it makes mine look pitiful :lol: you have done a fantastic job :good: i hope someday i could do something similar. jealous much? i think so!! Fantastic :drool:

At the end of the day, I will pin this for now since it is such a great thread. Thanks all. SH

Most reactions

Back