Yf Can Taste The Salt..

Is there a trap for brittle worms?
Just because it seems that I am getting run over with them, and some of then are getting a good 5+ inchs.

YF

really wouldn't worry about them YF. They are good members of teh CUC.

only a problem when you stick your hand in teh sand and end up with the bristles in your skin.
it'll just itch for a bit.

Fair enough, I just really dont like seeing so many of them lol.
There all over the rocks and everything.
:p

YF

Your bristle worms will die back as food runs out until they reach a population max.....great cleaners and worth leaving there. I constantly remove large ones from the nano to populate the big tank using long plastic tweezers at feeding time.
As said they will irritate your skin on contact and, if fire worms, may sting a bit as well !!!

Ok a few questions today to rattle your brains as always.

- I have been noticing some new heads, im 90% sure there aiptasia and they are spreading quick. I have lemon juice, how do I do it?

- I noticed a starfish today on top of one of my mushrooms, is this a bad thing?

And last but not last im after buying some reef glue on ebay, however I only have £5 in my bank, so who can find me a bargain? :p

YF

You don't need to buy the reef glue of ebay - just go to a diy store or the like and look for superglue which says Cyanoacrylate

Seffie x

:fish:

If you have noticed some aiptasia, get out the soldering iron or a kitchen type burner

Star fish - mushroom probably just got in his way :lol:

I carnt get the rock out, as they are all one the big peices of rock that hold the structure all together :crazy: .
And how much would the glue be?

- My dad just got some of that superglue out of his draw, however its the liquid stuff, Im sure I read up somewhere it needs to be a gel substance?

YF

Ok cheers for that Tina.
So any advice on killing aiptasia without removing rock?
I know there are several methods, but what do people recommend?

YF

Without removing the rock you are limited.

Either Joe's Juice or Aiptasia X. I know Joe's Juice is a concentrated calcium similar to Kalkwasser. It worked for the couple of little ones I had. It is difficult though, they pop in side the rock very quick when you go anywhere near them.

Most reactions

Back