Yf Can Taste The Salt..

Ah, thats a relief then seffie. There are some right in the front corner 2 heads, its amazing do they just like shoot heads all over the place? Yes indeed they do

There are also some yellow ones, are they yours? Yes, sulpher zoas And the bright green ones? Yes indeed, zoas

Also I am seeing loads of what I think are tiny heads floating around, will they over time get settled where they want and open up? that sounds like it may be spawn, there is a mollusc/bi valve of some sort in there which occasionaly throws out spawn, the fish love it
YF

Seffie x

Top ones are dark green zoas :good: that i had in the tank :good:

There are loads of worms in live sand, nothing to worry about, in fact they eat the crud and left overs

Seffie x

:fish:

these are actually a brown palythoa(sp) they have bigger heads than zoanthids but you care for them in pretty much the same way tho I found my palys never spread as fast as my zoas

Im aiming the bottom to have a sort of zoa garden, but I want some frogspawn aswell, and some others that move with the current under the water.

- I have been looking at zoa gardens, they are amazing. I would just find it hard on how to place them all to make them look good and next to each other etc.

YF

Im aiming the bottom to have a sort of zoa garden, but I want some frogspawn aswell, and some others that move with the current under the water.

- I have been looking at zoa gardens, they are amazing. I would just find it hard on how to place them all to make them look good and next to each other etc.

YF

someone has a journal here, the one with the frag shelf in the tank. he has a zoa garden in his tank :good:

these are actually a brown palythoa(sp) they have bigger heads than zoanthids but you care for them in pretty much the same way tho I found my palys never spread as fast as my zoas

yep you could be right, but not brown, dark olive green :good:

Seffie x

I would love lots of zoas and some frogspawn and other corals that move with the current.
Is there a limit on how many corals to have? I'd like to cover up most of the rock and would like to cover some of the sand.

YF

look at the the fungia these are stunning corals that sit on the sand very easy to keep mine has long polyps that flow with the water it lurves mysis shrimp which it catches in the polyps then moves then to his mouth.

would get you a pic but lights just came on and he is all deflated.

Fine under your lights as well.

My frogspawn and torch flourish under the TL550 lights un-modded

And my single headed Duncan has spawned 2 new heads as well all look good in the flow :)

yep you could be right, but not brown, dark olive green :good:

Seffie x

ah they are closer to the ones i have then jus thought the ones he had looked like browns, anyway they are palys not zoas

Morri, that is what I plan to get soon, very soon.............. looking at a purple one at the moment

Seffie x

Lol Seffie you really need to head over to SWM they had 2 like mine green with purple mouth also they had the very bright orange ones which are stunning but a bit more pricey ;)

I would love lots of zoas and some frogspawn and other corals that move with the current.
Is there a limit on how many corals to have? I'd like to cover up most of the rock and would like to cover some of the sand.

YF

no mate no limit on corals try to avoid mixing the likes of leathers with hard corals as there can be quite a bit of chemical warfare off the leathers but there are plenty of nice lps out there to try.(trumpets, duncans, cyanarias, euphyllias, catalaphyllias(sp), acans, fungias, favias, and these are all pretty easy to keep)

Most reactions

Back