Yf Can Taste The Salt..

So, my first marine fish, any suggestions?
Peaceful and colorful is what im aiming for.
(Dont worry, it will be a couple of weeks, if not a month or so until my first fish, but if someone suggests a fish I really like, I will see if im able to get it, if not will see about getting it ordered in.)

YF

Indeed situations can change - but to say never buy something with the intention that you will upgrade is a bit of an over statement :crazy: As you say, you can frag it or sell on. Although I wouldn't want to frag a BTA.

There are of course some things which are obviously not suitable for a nano of 126 litres, a BTA is not one of them imo as long as you are aware that you will either have to upgrade, keep only the nem and a couple of fish or sell on. Karen's roses recommends a tank of not less than 20 gallons, the orca is 26 gallons, allowing for some displacement I still believe that tank is suitable.

I kept Bill in the tank for six months and he grew and grew...........................

However saying that, I was very strict on water changes and feeding him :good: I don't believe there is a completely right or wrong answer on this subject, just opinion and experience and I choose to follow the experience of Karen until proven incorrect

Seffie x

ps sorry if that sounds a little terse!

Couldnt agree with stephan and you more seffie.
But I think it would be easier for me, and better for the nem if I avoided it, just for the simple fact I would need to upgrade as you say, or would have to avoid a lot of things.
Maybe in the future.
:good:

YF

I agree with Owl - that as you are intending waiting for 2 years a nem is not a good idea at the moment, if you looked after him well he would be over 12 inches in that time :good: and if like me you grow attached to things you wouldn't be able to part with him :wub:

I just can't imagine cutting through a nem :sick: but it is obviously possible as they do it themselves, but putting a knife or scissors through them :sick: i just couldn't :blink:

Seffie x

:fish:

Anyway, let's get back on track, your first fish.................... got to be a pair of juvie clowns, but which ones?

im all for the flameback angel, what about a scarlet hawkfish, umm there are loads of options mate but its really down to personal preference. im going lookin for another fish soon but no idea of what i want and i want something that bit special. just really make sure you get something you want and dont just get something suitable coz its all the lfs had i did that with a pyjama cardinal and still have the little #### lol

oh what about a black cap gramma, bit pricey but they are gorgeous

I carnt remember what people said about angels, but I know it was somthing bad, are they somtimes agressive or somthing?
And im avoiding the hawkfish, it is beautiful, but it could eat snails and other fish if not fed enough, so I dont think its really a beginners fish.
Keep the list coming steph :p

YF

YF visit Live Aquaria and look in the marine fish section.

Have a look at beginners fish and give us some that YOU LIKE.

We can then let you know whether there may be any problems.

Have a look in the sections aswell and check out their tank size, its pretty ok but in US gallons.

Are you definately wanting specific fish such as a pair of clowns??

Well, to be honest I wouldnt mind avoiding clownfish, just because everyone has one of them in there marines (no offense to everyone).
I have looked on live aquria, but was wondering if people any others they like that are not on the website.

YF

Well, to be honest I wouldnt mind avoiding clownfish, just because everyone has one of them in there marines (no offense to everyone).
I have looked on live aquria, but was wondering if people any others they like that are not on the website.

YF

yay another one who thinks like me lol they are stunning but i just fancy summit different

people say dwarf angels nip at corals but i know a few people with flamebacks and none of us have any trouble with that. there are many little gobies commonly available other than the yellow okinawa gobies that seem popular on here like court jesters or green bars

Yep, mine is my sig YF.

Lots of different flashers in different colours.

Fast fish, lazy bones though, first to bed and last up every night and day.

Add a stunning flash of colour. Beware they jump. Should not be too bad as the orca has a lid but be careful about that back compartment. Seffie has a wonderful way to get fish out of there if they do jump in.

Oooh, I forgot about the back compartment.
Tina, if you dont mind me asking how much did you pay for it?

YF

Mines a Filamented Flasher, it cost £28 and is TMC stock.

They vary in price depending on which wrasse as some are rarer than others.

I love mine, you watched the vids in my journal didn't you, its a cutie and always up to something.

He has taken to riding the waves coming from the Koralia 2 that is behind the right bommie, seems to keep him amused for hours.

Most reactions

Back