Yf Can Taste The Salt..

Went in to Clearwater aquatics today, they seem to have gone downhill very bad.
I only saw a few frags I liked (Green Zoas, and Frogspawn).
As for the fish, well they didnt have a wide range at all, And the clowns where £18 each.
Work have docked some money off me so I wouldnt be able to afford two clowns.
So im not very happy atm.
:(

YF

A couple of days that I booked as a holiday, they didnt book it as a holiday so they docked me for it.
So there goes £30, I am also sending off for my provisional, got to pay board, owe my dad some money etc etc.

YF

A couple of days that I booked as a holiday, they didnt book it as a holiday so they docked me for it.
So there goes £30, I am also sending off for my provisional, got to pay board, owe my dad some money etc etc.

YF

###### man! hope it gets better for you :good:

Hopefully it will.
But it will definatly be another two weeks now ATLEAST before I get any live stock.

YF

Is there anybody that just buys frags and nothing else?
Like - Instead of paying £40 for a coral, do they buy a frag and wait for it to grow?
Or is this a silly idea?

YF

- I also fell in love with the hammer coral today at the LFS, I think it was the branching hammer. What are peoples opinions on this if I got it for my tank, good idea or bad?

Thats what I have done gone for a lot of frags and 1 or 2 bigger corals but my only real indulgence was the Fungia I spend most my time in SWM in the £5 - £10 frag tank grabing zoas etc.

I have just bought £40 worth of frags at £5 each.

£35 worth were SPS corals which are more expensive anyway.

One was an LPS but one that would have been quite expensive had I bought it as a colony.

They will grow and seeing the mother colonies that grew from the same sized frags in such a short period has made me feel much better about buying them at that size.

Sometimes with a smaller tank like yours, it is best to buy the majority smaller as you can place them more easily and frag as they grow.

Just remember to leave decent spacing or be prepared to have to move them at a later date.

I will do Tina.
What will happen if zoas get next to each other, will they be ok?
Or are they like the other corals if they get to close.

YF

Hi, Yf. i have just been scared half to death.. what it is, is, i have brought a marine encylopedia and its frightening, theres soo much to do, removing phosphate, nitrate, ro water, live rock, skimmers, calcium what ever it is, im ripping my hair out with the thought of it lol.
I think I will just keep fish, and see how that goes lol. damselfish, to be precise, because of their "attitude" so they can handle the gsp.

my tapwater is nitrate:10ppm can i use it for marines?
thanks
Adam

Most reactions

Back