YEEVIA YOUR BETTAS ARRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
50 said:
i was posting duh i was directing it to EVERYONE!
no need to come across rude in your reply .....

50 said:
i understand tank sizes but jeezus what are you betta patrol?
Actually...yes, we are. We are on a fish forum, firstly, and a "betta" forum, second, which is soley for the preservation and healthy living of Bettas.

This was actually about other types of fish though, not bettas. Fish that were too big to be stocked in a tank so small...which is wrong. Then she admitted to using this particular set of fish numerous times for numerous cycles..which is wrong. Then she got mad and upset and lashed out..which was also wrong. When you are wrong...you should accept it humbly and admit when you are wrong, or just bow out gracefully from teh debate/argument and don't continue to post like a child by cursing/bashing, lashing out or belittling those who are trying to help your fish. At the point people start saying something to you about your wrong actions..they don't care about you at that point..only the welfare of the fish. It's not a personal "thing" towards you...but for the fish being mistreated.

It's kinda like when children are being abused. They can't get themselvs out of a situation..they need a helping hand. And the parents become much less focus and the children the main focus...and the parents "feelings" are not really considered a "priority" after the abuse has been spotted.

If you post about YOURs or anyone elses that is not being kept in sattisactory conditions..prepare to be reamed for it. People know what is right and what is wrong...that is why they get so upset and angry when someone calls them out on it. And that goes in all aspects..not just fishkeeping.

Yes we all need to realize this is a "friendly" forum..but we all need to also realize not everyone is going to get along or agree 100% or even 50% of the time. If you are doing something that the rest of the fish-keeping world seems to think is wrong...reason would have it that you may be wrong in whatever you are doing and you need to take a step back and re-think/look at your actions. And it's not ok or right to jump down their throats for trying to help your fish.

...Oh and another thing...if you don't want people to think you are "heated" in your replys....I would suggest refraining from using CAPS or !!!!!! to get your point across ...as they tend to make people think you are being a smart*ss...it has been my observace that " " or bolded words work just fine to emulate that you are trying to bring focus to something

i dont understand this i mean this should be the friendliest fourm on the net but everyone is bickering civil or not its annoying i seriously understand why she left. not all people can keep fish at pristine conditions my bettas are in one gallons i am soon upgading to two gallons in a few days ,iv been told in the past not to keep them in small tanks but if you lived my life you would see the lack of space i have. i understand why she kept her mollies in 10 gallons if you only had one or two and lots of plants i think that would be fine.

im addicted when i had 3 big whoop i was fine but thanks to the betta bug i got more and i cant stand not haveing 4 or more

50 said:
.... but if you lived my life you would see the lack of space i have. i understand why she kept her mollies in 10 gallons if you only had one or two and lots of plants i think that would be fine.
you want to talk lack of space? don't get me started...i'm sure over half of us can say we are very limited on space...

yea i understand why the mollies were kept in a 10....i don't understand why other fish were in there too...and i dont understand why she would refuse to return them with the pleco she is already returning just because they were a gift from a boyfriend.....................

you're obviously taking this personally 50,000 tears, so maybe you should refrain from responding...when you introduce bias into a discussion, it becomes much more of a debate....this thread really needs to be closed...

really im going to move them around when i get the 2 gallon for stary (her filter is messed up) they are all smushed together since there was storm yesterday and they said to not go near windows and buddy was near a window so i had to smush him in so its a bit crowded (the power was out all day they must of loved the heat since there was no AC and it was hot in there)

#1 This is not just the internet. This forum, in particular, deals with real life and the things happening in it. Not just things people make up and talk about (although sometimes I think that may be happening too, just to get a few people "going" or so they have a "story' to add to a thread at times).

#2 People get so angry because people will not listen...although they will gripe about their fish dying or doing poorly...as they continue to abuse and mistreat their fish..even though they are being given the correct way to care for their fish...but don't adhere to the information they are given because they are either too lazy or cheap to care for them properly. This is what you do and how you feel when you are a compassionate person for the ethical treatment of living things..whether that be another human being or a member of another species.

# 3 I'm sorry to say this (only because I feel you are going to get mad, mind you..not because I am sorry for actually having said it)...but these issues really show us member maturity levels.

As a mature individual...you have to realize what you can and cannot handle. If you cannot handle it at the time or one in the very near future, no matter how badly you may want whatever it is or how bad you think it needs to be "done" by you... you shouldn't always do it, or get it. It's that simple.

That being said, I would really LOVE to have a collie, a weimaraner, and a boxer.....but I already have 2 doberman's and I know I cannot afford it (and by afford I don't mean just money-wise). As a mature person I realize I don't have adequate space, the extra "one on one" time, the money for extra vaccinations and rabies shots and vet bills, ect...so I haven't gotten the animals (even though there are thousands in shelters across the state that need homes desperately..many waiting helplessly on the kill lists).

A less mature person does not take these things into consideration and just goes ahead and either purchases or acquires the animals anyways.

Then after a month or 2 (or maybe more depending) goes by they realize how much of a burden the newly acquired vet bill is, or how much more the food bill is then they had thought (or subsequently didn't think about), or the space issues that will inevitably come up..because "uh oh! Fido and Buddy don't get along and/or Bruiser needs to kept seperate...until he's nuetered because Gigi hasn't been fixed yet and she's in heat..and I don't have the money to put up another fence "what now???".

Then you have animals that either are re-populating at random...or get dumped and/or returned to the shelter, who aren't fed properly, or who are kept in unsatisfactory conditions....why? Because someone acquired too many before they were ready for the responsibility and expenses.

This goes for fish just as easily. People buy too many fish and don't have enough room or time to care for them, they purchases fish that require a larger tank then they can afford or house, they buy fish that repopulate easily then have nowhere for the fry to go...or they don't know how to properly care for the fry and they just die off unnecessarily.

Keeping your betta in a 1 gallon is a far cry from keeping mollies in a 10 gallon (much less using those mollies numerous times for cycling numerous tanks. This causes "stunting"...if you haven't ever heard of it...you should read these articles....Stunting Facts and More stunting facts Even More Stunting Facts Stunting Info from Right here on TFF). last bit of Stunting Info..very long and informative

I know she is/was your friend..but friends make mistakes and friends also need to be corrected sometimes too...even if neither friend sees it or wants to admit it. -_-

Well said SRC - I would just like to point out something very important here.
Maturity had little to do with (neumerical) age and more with how you deal with issues, come across and speak to other people. Show respect and understanding and show that you take on board advice that was given in good faith. Being able to admit when wrong and learn (as we all do !) from our mistakes. I've seen people who clearly come across as "kids" but their profile tells me they are 25 + years old and then there are "children" who come across mature far beyond their numerical age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back