Would This Be Alright...

where can i look for a suitable fish for that one fish that will stand out?

please bring some ideas im really struck witht this

where can i look for a suitable fish for that one fish that will stand out?

please bring some ideas im really struck witht this

i'm not really sure of fish that can be on their own.....mayeb post a new topic in the main forum asking for the sort of fish you'd like....someone's bound to have ideas!!!

hmmm kind of the right size but i was hoping for something a bit more colourful

That pic doesn't do them justice really.

How about some of the larger gourami? They're pretty stunning, especially the lace (trichogaster leeri) gourami. The males are lovely :D

hmmm that is quite a good ide as there will already be 2 other of his kind in the tank

Yep :D

Look into them...there are some lovely ones, quite colourful. I'd recommend boeesemani rainbowfish but they like to be in groups as well.

yer, either the pearl or the banded are looking quite nice

i was hoping for something yellow or orangey in colour. any ideas?

haha sorry im asking so much, just im a complete novice at all this and you guys are being such an amazing help :)

Hey questions are always good. If you don't ask you'll never know :D

I recommend getting a good book on all the different types of fish available and see what it says about them. Or pop off to your LFS with a note book, write down the ones you like and then ask from there. I think someone may have already said that :lol:

6 cherry barbs
3 panda corys
2 dwarf goramis
2 shrimp (red ones hopefully)
and ONE other fish that can live on its own in a community tank. any ideas?

I would get more cories, you still have plenty of room in that tank. The inch/cm per gallon rule or whatever aren't that accurate, it's just meant as a guide. If you have good filtration and do regular water changes you should be fine with more fish than that. Also, gouramis do better in trios, one male to two females. You could have one other group of smallish schooling fish, and a centerpiece, AND add to the cherry barbs and pandas without causing any problems. Generally you need 18" tall tanks for angels.
For you tank, I would do this:
8 cherry barbs
3 dwarf gouramis (1m 2f)
6 panda cories
8 tetras of some kind
2-5 cherry shrimp

It would look good and the fish would get along. :)

thats a hell of a good idea :)

right, went into town with my girlfriend today (she bought me the tank for xmas, but seeing as it was onlyt £2 on ebay she said shes buy some of the stuff)

so i need a heater and filter. is this a good filter to get, or could i go for something a little less powerful?

<a href="http://www.warehouse-aquatics.co.uk/eheim-...-2212-779-p.asp" target="_blank">http://www.warehouse-aquatics.co.uk/eheim-...-2212-779-p.asp</a>

this is for a 36 * 12 * 15 inch tank

Edit: about the shrimp.... hmmm cherry shrimp seem to be pretty small, i was looking for some shrimp that are red, but bigger. any ideas?

second edit: damn shrimps are small, i was looking for something a bit bigger, would these be prawns? would these be able to go into the tank?

okay so i really need to find a suitable thing to put this one, im looking for a table that can hold the weight of this tank
do i need an aquarium cabinet, as these are VERY pricey, is there just a normal table i can use, or something similiar? URGENT

Any sturdy desk or table should work.

Internal filters aren't that great in my opinion, try to get an external filter if you can. IF not, hang on back filters will do fine, too.

The cherry shrimp should do okay with those fish, they won't be eaten or anything. But if you want larger... there's amano shrimp. They aren't red, but they still have a nice pattern.

Any sturdy desk or table should work.

Internal filters aren't that great in my opinion, try to get an external filter if you can. IF not, hang on back filters will do fine, too.

The cherry shrimp should do okay with those fish, they won't be eaten or anything. But if you want larger... there's amano shrimp. They aren't red, but they still have a nice pattern.

whats better about an external filter?
EDIT: just checked the prices, theres no way i can afford an external filter.
whats wrong with internal ones? they still work right yes?

also what kind of lighting and heater am i looking for in terms of power and size?

Most reactions

Back