wittle oscar

fIsH_N.E.R.D

Reaction score
Hey i got a oscar in my 105 gal(look at sig) and i was just wondering wat can i out with him?

depends on what sort of fish you want in there as there are lots of choices,
but the main thing being you have got a oscar ok so its a baby but its gonna grow real quick and be real nasty when it is older so you need something that is going to grow quick and something that is going to be able to look after thereself.

basic : catfish, big cichlid, or any large cyprinids and characins hope this is of some use, why not when you make up your mind re post and make sure your choice would be suitable :p

Silva_Fishy Posted on Jun 5 2004, 06:26 AM

get a firemouth and a small black ghost
sorry silva fishy but i think to get a firemouth or bgk would be a bad idea because of how fast the bgk and firemouth would grow against the oscar (but this is only my opion) you dont have to listen but experience is sometimes a cure.

Labtec said:
Green Terrors, or Other Oscars
yes or jaguars or flowerhorns/red devil /texas cichild or any other large robust cichlid

(or as bomag has said basic : catfish, big cichlid, or any large cyprinids and characins hope this is of some use, why not when you make up your mind re post and make sure your choice would be suitable
)

Oscars grow incredibly fast when young so i dont think a 5 inch firemouth (max size) would pose a huge problem, (oscars can grow a inch a month when young, they slow down once they hit around 10 inches)

I would suggest you go with the less aggressive cichlids you wouldnt want any bulls in the tank! stick with severums or acaras or maybe a school of Silver Dollars
If i had the chance to have my oscar small again i would have got some SD with him but mine is a little large now and would think of them as lunch but mine does well with a severum and a blue acara's as tankmates... oscars are big softies! they could do some damage due to the size difference but mine just wants to live in harmony with my other fish.

Most reactions

Back