Why Do Some People Have Fish Houses?

shelaghfishface

the one and only
Reaction score
im under the impression, this is a converted garden shed/garage. or similar
but i dont understand why people have them,is it just s guy thing? you know, like when the go into the shed and polish chisels ,line up spanners and count screws?? lol, we know what you get up to guys!!

so whats the appeal of fish houses then ??personaly like my fish where i can see them, not have to take a trip up the garden to feed them or look at them, or are fish houses only for big time dealers/breeders?

im fascinated to find out

shelagh xxxx

im under the impression, this is a converted garden shed/garage. or similar
but i dont understand why people have them,is it just s guy thing? you know, like when the go into the shed and polish chisels ,line up spanners and count screws?? lol, we know what you get up to guys!!

so whats the appeal of fish houses then ??personaly like my fish where i can see them, not have to take a trip up the garden to feed them or look at them, or are fish houses only for big time dealers/breeders?

im fascinated to find out

shelagh xxxx

maybe just not enough room in the house? i'd rather have my fish where I can see them, but if you have a lot of aquariums and no spare rooms in the house, maybe the shed/garage is the only option :) plus a dark room lined with fish tanks would look great when the aquarium lights are on!

Fish Houses mostly appeal in my opinion to people who keep lots of fish, especially bigger fish. The people who I know who have fish houses have been fishkeeping for a long time and have the experience and time for one

yes i spose, for those that are past falling in love with every fish they have( tho still appreciate them) and need to see them all the time ,like someone i know :blush:

Because I keep a wife inside the house!! lol

I have a few tanks in the garage and only one which is my sons inside the house in his bedroom. As it happens I do like going out there to sit and look at my fish especially whilst Bellenders and Corry are on

somewhere to get away from the nagging missus :unsure:
prob when the passion takes full effect and the other half looses her rag that you have to many tanks cluttering up my house,,,i want them gone,,,idea haha fish house was born :good:

watch this video with sound and you might get the idea
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v734/jim...nt=MOV00152.flv

see why james cut the video off :lol: soz james

hehe yep those soaps god how i hate them,,,,,,eastenders=fight/shout/fight/shout/fight/shout

cory=murder/sleep behind partners back/murder/crazy/old biddies<nosey>

somewhere to get away from the nagging missus :unsure:
prob when the passion takes full effect and the other half looses her rag that you have to many tanks cluttering up my house,,,i want them gone,,,idea haha fish house was born :good:

watch this video with sound and you might get the idea
[URL="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v734/jim...nt=MOV00152.flv"]http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v734/jim...nt=MOV00152.flv[/URL]

see why james cut the video off :lol: soz james

hehe yep those soaps god how i hate them,,,,,,eastenders=fight/shout/fight/shout/fight/shout

cory=murder/sleep behind partners back/murder/crazy/old biddies<nosey>

oh now i understand pmsl

tho i couldnt think of anything better than having a partner that loves fish too, but then they would still fight over space i spose :huh:

but a woman with shoes, thats diffrent!!! shoes are a nescessity ( spelling).. they are!!!!

yes a couple of pairs,,,,when they all under a double bed fill up two wardrobes and all availible space the its a hobby,just like fish keeping,,,but women never see it like that!!!!!!i could probally fill an 10,000 gallon tank with my wifes shoes :lol:

i have a fish shed because there is not enough room in my house for all my tanks. some of my fish require alot of room. also i'm starting alot of breeding projects this year :)

i have a fish shed because there is not enough room in my house for all my tanks. some of my fish require alot of room. also i'm starting alot of breeding projects this year :)

out of interest, what sort of size sheds are we talking here? garden sheds, large garden sheds, or barn size sheds?

out of interest, what sort of size sheds are we talking here? garden sheds, large garden sheds, or barn size sheds?
My shed is 20'x10' but im only using just over half of it for my fish :) i guess that makes it a large garden shed :)

Most reactions

Back