Why Cycle A Tank

When I have a new tank I cycle with fish because I'm inpatient and don't want to spend weeks artificially placing ammonia in the aquarium.

i'm going to cycle with 2 zebra danios..

I'm not judging you here...but can I ask why you are choosing fish-in cycling?
i am choosing fish-in cycle as this way ammonia is supplied to the bacteria. in my pet shops nearby, none of them sell pure ammonia. so for the best results i am forced to do a fish-in cycle. obvliously i wont overstock my aquarium at the start, i might start with 5 fish in a 10g

When I have a new tank I cycle with fish because I'm inpatient and don't want to spend weeks artificially placing ammonia in the aquarium.
ok i honestly agree with u jallen...i am also impatient and dont want to have an empty tank for months which i have to tend to every day to make sure bacteria is growing... just buy the tank, get plants and accesories, add some fish and overtime add more

So you're using the excuse that you can't possibly find ammonia? Hmm...

Jallen - At least you're honest. But it annoys me when people can't be bothered to wait... But there we go.

Jallen - At least you're honest. But it annoys me when people can't be bothered to wait... But there we go.
actually have no excuse...i didnt find any ammonia in pet stores nearby

i forgot there wasent a such thing as buying online....

or even leaving a prawn in the tank to produce the bacteria

sorry if i sound patronising but i disslike fish in cycles

to be honest, the same reasons stated, but im going to research after reading a few posts on fishless cycling. So might order ammonia over the net.

actually have no excuse...i didnt find any ammonia in pet stores nearby

i forgot there wasent a such thing as buying online....

or even leaving a prawn in the tank to produce the bacteria

sorry if i sound patronising but i disslike fish in cycles
well i dont like buyin things online, and prawns...again fishe stores here in belguim/holland dont have prawns to buy...

well i dont like buyin things online, and prawns...again fishe stores here in belguim/holland dont have prawns to buy...
so there isnt any other methods?
so im going to buy a puppy and let it live in its own excrement for several weeks and lets it be unhealthy
just because its a fish doesnt mean its not to be cared for in the same way

so im going to buy a puppy and let it live in its own excrement for several weeks and lets it be unhealthy
omg...I WILL CHECK THE WATER DAILY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

omg...I WILL CHECK THE WATER DAILY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
btw i like the way ure aquarium looks

okays well i do hope it all goes well for you :)

and thanks for the tank comment.....
get some pics of yours up when its complete

Most reactions

Back