Who Else Has To Change There Clothes After A Water Change

WILDER

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Every time I do a vac and water change I get my clothes wet.
Who else does?

Downstairs, concrete floor; Clothes get wet, dog gets wet, floor gets wet. Draining or filling multiple tanks at 5 gallons or better per minute will do this. This is to be expected.

Upstairs, white carpeting; Occasional drip or two of water, different system otherwise my wife would have my head.

I don't.. mainly b/c I don't go anywhere and don't care if I'm wet or not heh.
But I'm so messy during a water change.. from the tank to the bathroom.. there will always be a trail of water :p

I'm the same as Tolak, a fishroom with a concrete floor means i can throw water around like a 5 year old on a hot day. I'll jump the refilling hose from tank to tank without turing it off and get filthy water ive just cleaned filters in every where.

As for the clothes im normally half naked when im working in there anyway, the room is heated and not the tanks so it gets quite warm when your active so its usually just shorts and trainers.

Well Every bucket drips, every room entered has splashes and well I roll my sleeve up but unless I strip of which as tank is so deep and although you say I get that with the vac you still put arm in to move the log or something. I changed the little tank yesterday and thought i did not get wet when my daughter said mum whats that greenish brownish stuff on your top, What ! yes a bit of algae so I had obviouly leaned on it.

I say my children are not happy unless they are mucky or scruffy. Mother is like child you see....

its hard to not get wet realy as it is water isnt it lol problem i find is if ime putting my hands/arm in tank to remove decorations etc when you pull ya arm out it just runs off ya hands and either onto you or ya floor and being i now got 2 tanks in my room 1 54 litre and now a 96 litre i see more mess comming on. o well its all fun though i enjoy givin the tanks a gd clean up.

I very rarely get myself or the floor wet, only time it really happens is when I do the water changes during the day and my toddler distracts me, or decides to pull the tubing on the syphon!

I get wet ( very ) the kitchen gets wet, my lounge carpet gets spots and I always have to clean carpet area luckily I have a Vax!!! but mostly my cat gets wet, I water my garden with the tank water and my cat being a Bengal is not afraid of water so always thinks its his job to chase the water everywhere, I think he thinks there might be fish in it.

I always get me and the surrounding wet, no matter how hard I try not to! The top of my sleeve always gets wet even if I push it right up onto my shoulder and tuck it under my bra strap and I always end up with a wet patch on my front from lifting the bucket out of the sink, I'm a bit on the short side, so I have to stand right up against the sink to lift the bucket up high enough to lift it over. And isn't it funny how evertime you put down towles or rags you don't spill a drop, but as soon as you forget..... Today the syphon hose fell out of the bucket somehow, must've been at least 2lt's of water on the floor before I picked it up and put it back in, at least the floor is lino' and it's got a nice big clean patch now!

Most reactions

Back