White. Cloud minnows

finfayce

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I have 2 white cloud minnows in a goldfish bowl next to my chair. I looked if any fish can live in a goldfish bowl. Bettas haven't worked out - not sure why.
So 1st question- can i safely add bladder snails to their environment?
2nd- the screen top on my shrimp tank is getting rusty, plus i noticed there's a little hole in it also. I have a clear acrylic piece of plastic, it would cover the whole 10 gallon tank. Would that work? Do they need more outside air?

I have white cloud minnows in a ten gallon tank and I think that is too small. They love to swim. I will be moving mine to a bigger tank. Plus they grow to over 11/2 inches.

These fish are small (and yes, sizewise they'll fit in a goldfish bowl) but they need more space to swim. They're build to be in a tank that is broad...

I have 2 white cloud minnows in a goldfish bowl next to my chair. I looked if any fish can live in a goldfish bowl. Bettas haven't worked out - not sure why.
So 1st question- can i safely add bladder snails to their environment?
2nd- the screen top on my shrimp tank is getting rusty, plus i noticed there's a little hole in it also. I have a clear acrylic piece of plastic, it would cover the whole 10 gallon tank. Would that work? Do they need more outside air?
They need more space and more friends.

I have white cloud minnows in a ten gallon tank and I think that is too small. They love to swim. I will be moving mine to a bigger tank. Plus they grow to over 11/2 inches.
I did buy a bigger bowl on Amazon. Thanks for
Your help.

Bowls are awful - as their shape reduces the oxygen exchange at the surface. There is no fish I would keep in a bowl. I used to have a few around to hatch eggs in, and to use (half filled so the air/water surface was larger) for the first 2 weeks for tiny fry. I got rid of the bowls as they were inefficient even for that.

Bowls are awful - as their shape reduces the oxygen exchange at the surface. There is no fish I would keep in a bowl. I used to have a few around to hatch eggs in, and to use (half filled so the air/water surface was larger) for the first 2 weeks for tiny fry. I got rid of the bowls as they were inefficient even for that.
I know. It's selfish to want a small bowl for fish. I feel like a terrible fish person:(
I did order a bigger bowl. My Python cleaning system is too long to make it work in a different part of the house. I used to have a big tank at the other end of the house. It was for my north america native fish. After at least 4-5 years they passed away and i just didn't establish another tank at that location.
Not to whine-again- but i had trouble walking for a few months. Better now, but without working Python systems i have been using a manual el- cheapo- gravel cleaner for water changes. I realize i can't handle my pet maintenance the way i had. So i have a 10 gallon with amano shrimp. I feel like an ogre keeping a small bowl just to be able have at least 2 fish. It has a filter. Because i see it all the time, i have been cleaning it very regularly. I added some live plants.
I apologize for my decision-besides my own birds, every spring i help my avian vet by raising baby birds she gets from people ( fell out of nest etc) and i raise them until they are eating on their own and then give them to a retired bird rehabber- to release them.
So i'mvery good with my animals except for the fish bowl :((

• Agree
Reactions: TNG

Most reactions

Back