• Goodeid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Limia

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

fry_forever!

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Sorry! Had to ask! I personally like guppies and platies, but they all have a place in my heart! :good:

Okay, sorry I changed it right now.... you'll probably have to vote again, sorry!

None of the above. I am rather attached to my Brachyrhaphis roseni, also called Brachy cardinal. I do enjoy my nezzy swords and have bred some very nice mollies but the Brachy's are my favorites right now. As a group, I really like the goodseids but am still exploring those.

None of the above. I am rather attached to my Brachyrhaphis roseni, also called Brachy cardinal. I do enjoy my nezzy swords and have bred some very nice mollies but the Brachy's are my favorites right now. As a group, I really like the goodseids but am still exploring those.

Can't really say I've bred the kinds you've mentioned, but I'd certainly like to try! :good:

Try a google. There are a lot more livebearers than the ones you see in the local fish shop. If you join a fish club, you will see fish that you never dreamed existed. That is where I first got introduced to goodeids, Limias and Heterandria formosa along with a few others.

Try a google. There are a lot more livebearers than the ones you see in the local fish shop. If you join a fish club, you will see fish that you never dreamed existed. That is where I first got introduced to goodeids, Limias and Heterandria formosa along with a few others.

Cool, thanks!

Guppies are no doubt the easiest to breed. with no input needed.
but i personally find Swords the most interesting

I find the Xentoca eiseni, red tailed goodeids, much easier than guppies Panamera. They work best in unheated tanks and only require some cover to have high survival of the fry. The fry are big enough that they do great in a tank full of adult Xenotocas. If you can imagine a newborn fry at 2 cm length and adults that are only about 6 cm long, you will start to get the picture. I just brought home some Xenoophorus captivus from an auction and they dropped fry in a 10 gallon Q tank the next day. I can hardly think of a worse place as far as cover but I now have about 8 surviving fry from that drop. I did find a 29 to put them into after doing some rearranging.

i've never heard of them. but that is amazing. im not sure we can get them in new zealand as ive never seen them. but then that'll be another added to the things we cant get here list cause of strict import laws .
fry at 2cm is incredible

I'm not a fanof livebearers but if I had to choose it would be swordtails

My favs are my Limia Nigrofasciata :)
lovely fish

have 29 fry soon to be for sale

Sailfin mollies - the true wild sailfins, without humans having mucked around with them. They are brackish water fish and I love them so much I set up a brackish community just so I could keep them, but I'm loving it, it's a great tank.

Though I do feel a little bad about relegating my platys to second place... I love those too. A lot.

Most reactions

Back